• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hou

• Norfolk n Chance

• JappyBeast

• Phoenix999

on slightly different topic, before we start drinking local breweries dry, I had an idea about the club stand. if we can't get support from toyota gb, how about trying a local dealer? they sometimes have display units for local shows, and if we give one of their latest models some space they might let us borrow their display units. or caravan. or whatever they have.

on slightly different topic, before we start drinking local breweries dry, I had an idea about the club stand. if we can't get support from toyota gb, how about trying a local dealer? they sometimes have display units for local shows, and if we give one of their latest models some space they might let us borrow their display units. or caravan. or whatever they have.

Toyota GB have kindly donated their courtesy trailers in past years but the recession plus lack of club support meant that this hasn't happened on the last two occasions and as I said, without better "CLUB" support, not just us old faithfuls, I can't see it happening next year.

Les

We could just pretend that loads of peeps are coming........

:lol:

Mel is actually considering getting a toyota just so she can come next year (told her if I get a mr2 then theres no room for her AND beer, sadly beer won and she fully understands)

I will also be ordering 1 if not 2 drums of thatch to get silly drunk!

Mel is actually considering getting a toyota just so she can come next year (told her if I get a mr2 then theres no room for her AND beer, sadly beer won and she fully understands)

yes good man luckly I have a corolla with a massive boot!

Next year i may put a bit more fuel in.... just so the fuel light doesn't come on before we reach JAE and i spend the weekend wondering if i will be able to leave the site!! :lol:

yes good man luckly I have a corolla with a massive boot!

I have a Roadster with a massive boot........It's called an IQ :lol:

I used to join in with the JAE fesitivities with Honda Revolutions, but got a Yaris 1.8 SR, and can't wait to join in the festivities with the T.O.C now!

I agree, it IS the law, for at the shows each club has to drink obscene amounts of alcohol!

the stuff with the kidney stones in??

the stuff with the kidney stones in??

hmmm, I have a trip coming up at the beginning of may next year to the land of my ancestors (or cornwall as it says on the maps - go through devon, stop before you hit water!) and I will probably be visiting a cider farm again - i'll see if I can find some strong stuff for drinking. or using as screenwash - it has several uses down there!

I actually like staying stone cold sober at JAE as it's hilarious watching the peeps that have drunk loads getting more and more drunk :lol:

Why do the organisers insist on dates I cannot do? I'll be in the US then.... shame. :(

(Well actually not a shame, as I'll be in the US driving round the desert in some big American muscle car... but you know what I mean!)

Why do the organisers insist on dates I cannot do? I'll be in the US then.... shame. :(

(Well actually not a shame, as I'll be in the US driving round the desert in some big American muscle car... but you know what I mean!)

It's not too much of a shame... there's not many corners to worry about in the desert so the yank tank will be fine ;)

It's not too much of a shame... there's not many corners to worry about in the desert so the yank tank will be fine ;)

Yeah I meant "driving through the desert in a straight line in some big American muscle car".... my bad! :lol:

Yeah I meant "driving through the desert in a straight line in some big American muscle car".... my bad! :lol:

That's better :P

• 1 month later...

Im going to come along, im going to book the time off and stay for the whole event.

Does anyone bring their partners? As my gf isnt into this sort of stuff, anyone bringing their mates?

Matt

Im going to come along, im going to book the time off and stay for the whole event.

Does anyone bring their partners? As my gf isnt into this sort of stuff, anyone bringing their mates?

Matt

The event is very free and easy so bring along anyone that you wish :thumbsup:

My wife came along to the first one I attended but she does not like car shows, since then I have taken an ex work colleague along :huh:

Whoever comes along the event will be a good one :yes:

Thinking of doing a theme this year..................CHRISTMAS!!!!

So dont hide your decs at the back of the cupboard cos we will need loads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nahhh not feeling that, bad luck and everything!

If you are wanting a theme I feel 80s would work well (means I can dress up in a leotard and dance to flashdance!)

.... (means I can dress up in a leotard and dance to flashdance!)

Me thinks the Christmas theme is worth having :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah, the Christmas theme would work really well in a weird way :xmas::xmas: Just a thought, how about doing an Austrailian Christmas thing as well? Then people could wear shorts and not feel out of place?

Alternatively, I could just stuff whats covering the garden at the moment in the freezer until September.... :newyear: (We've had a bit of snow round here!)

I shouted that idea out at TOC Xmas meal as we were all dressed for summer!!...lol.

If Les can get a generator we can have an Xmas Tree!!