Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Judder

HowardL

Does anyones cars clutch judder when starting off from standstill?

Hi

My wifes X reg 1.0 Yaris has had clutch judder from new. It only happens when first pull away from a cold start. We took it back to the dealers after 6 months but they could not find any fault with the clutch. It has not got any worse in the nine years that we have now owned it. The only problem i have now is a humming noise from the rear end. I am about to get the rear wheel bearings changed as the noise is more prominant at lower speeds now. Apart from yearly services and a set of new tyres, it has been a good car.

Does anyones cars clutch judder when starting off from standstill?

I also have experienced some Judder if leaving the Clutch out to Quickly before the transmission has warmed up

This seems to be yet another "Characteristic" of the Yaris, and has been mentioned previously here, and also in a few other Yaris forums.

The consensus of opinion seems to be "Condensation on the Flywheel under Cold Conditions" (Which is logical I suppose)

I've been getting this too; I just assumed it's because I've not been treating the clutch that well and it was wearing down! :lol:

yeah... mine does it too... learnt to live with it. its the only negative point of my car though :thumbsup:

Same as above, mine does it occasionally but so rare it's never been an issue. :)