Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suttle Yaris Modifications

mitchbrown91

Hey ive got a toyota Yaris (oh yes as under yaris section :D ) T Sport. there are a few things i want to do with the little baby but being short on knowledge and money i seek help. Im going to ask a few of maaaaaany questions i have so i dont bore you.

1) At the back i have a clear reverse light and a red rear fog (me thinks) and i want them both red like many ive seen, is it legal? is it done with a red light spray?

2) What are the standard size rims on there? Do they fit 16"? I ask because my standards have been sprayed silver but had new tyres and theve chipped, so i want some stock looking aftermarket alloys.

3) Whats the best size tyres for them?

4) What make Bonet lifters/ struts/ gas springs that are cheap can i fit?

5) Is a K&N Typhoon induction kit a good choice of cold air intake?

6) Any idea where i can get a new front grill T-Sport Badge? As ine has faded/chipped.

7) Can i clean inside my headlights? As they have got green mossy moisture inside and are merky and i like the shiny reflective look :) .

Thanks for looking and feel free to reply with answers (Please :lol: ) and i hope others can get answers from this same post.

Mitch

Hey ive got a toyota Yaris (oh yes as under yaris section :D ) T Sport. there are a few things i want to do with the little baby but being short on knowledge and money i seek help. Im going to ask a few of maaaaaany questions i have so i dont bore you.

1) At the back i have a clear reverse light and a red rear fog (me thinks) and i want them both red like many ive seen, is it legal? is it done with a red light spray?

2) What are the standard size rims on there? Do they fit 16"? I ask because my standards have been sprayed silver but had new tyres and theve chipped, so i want some stock looking aftermarket alloys.

3) Whats the best size tyres for them?

4) What make Bonet lifters/ struts/ gas springs that are cheap can i fit?

5) Is a K&N Typhoon induction kit a good choice of cold air intake?

6) Any idea where i can get a new front grill T-Sport badge? As ine has faded/chipped.

7) Can i clean inside my headlights? As they have got green mossy moisture inside and are merky and i like the shiny reflective look :) .

Thanks for looking and feel free to reply with answers (Please :lol: ) and i hope others can get answers from this same post.

Mitch

1)yes you can have them both red......not illegal(you don't even req reverse lights)if you wanted you could go to toyota and order a fog for a left hand drive car then wire it up so you have two fogs or you could order the reverse light for a left hand drive and have two clear lights and just put a red bulb in the fog.

2)seen 18"alloys on the yaris but 17's look spot on

3)use a 205/40/17 tyres

4)sorry mate dont have a clue i have figs bonnet lifters on my is200 £120

5)the kit you said above AMAZING

6)go to toyota mate not too expensive approx £10

7)yip you can clean them just put them in the oven and split them(the lenses are just glue on)

hope that helped matey!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wouldnt touch 17's on a yaris, will make it look like a tractor, lower it to start off with, then either 15's or 16's to fill arches more. 205 tyres rub so dont use them 195/45/16 is what you need!

Adam

i have seen a yaris's run 18's on 215 35's and i've not been able to get a jack under it.the most popular size i see are 17's on 205' 40's must admit the ones i see are running coilovers.

Why not lower it and fit some smart SR alloys, 15" so perfect for the car and mate them with some super sticky tyres!! ;)

Have to agree with Adam, 17's on a Yaris look awfull unless it's the brand new model.

Rota rims are amazing, have a look here and play about with it. ;)

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/virtual/

i have seen a yaris's run 18's on 215 35's and i've not been able to get a jack under it.the most popular size i see are 17's on 205' 40's must admit the ones i see are running coilovers.

Talking about the mark 1 yaris here as i have no experience of the new one.

They must be running some sort of camber kit/arches rolled on 215 tyres, my soon to be changed 205 tyres rub , if your slammed on coilovers 195 is the only way to go. 15's are the perfect size for handling but 16's just seem to fill the arches more.

Rotas are pretty decent alloys for the money!

Why not lower it and fit some smart SR alloys, 15" so perfect for the car and mate them with some super sticky tyres!! ;)

Have to agree with Adam, 17's on a Yaris look awfull unless it's the brand new model.

Rota rims are amazing, have a look here and play about with it. ;)

http://www.rarerims.co.uk/virtual/

Rotas are pretty decent alloys for the money!

B)

What the hell is a Suttle?

http://www.stone.uk.com/

Ahh ..

You want stone modifications to your car?

To be fair I think it'd probably make the tiny power-to-weight ratio worse. But you'll have the newest car in Bedrock.

What the hell is a Suttle?

http://www.stone.uk.com/

Ahh ..

You want stone modifications to your car?

To be fair I think it'd probably make the tiny power-to-weight ratio worse. But you'll have the newest car in Bedrock.

For a long time TOC members have accepted the subtle fact that not all members on this forum have the same power of English Language that you have Ben :P ;)

I could, of course, amend the OP thread title......................................but what would be the point of that? Most of the TOC members posting replies understood what the thread was about.................Live and let live ;)

Ahh, "subtle" .. why didn't he say that? ;)

Few points, both my spelling and typing are awful. Really awful.

That's why I spend time reviewing things before posting.

So I don't look like a .. well .. person who con't speil prooper.

It help people understand what you want, and get reasonable answers. Instead of sarcastic replies.

And no, I don't do subtle (that pic was before the carbon mirrors, bonnet, diffuser and supercharger).

Was a big fan of the S2k of yours!

Thanks, so was I.

After I killed the first engine and sold the supercharger, 250bhp wasn't the same.

I missed the heights of 375 too much and sold it.

It's all lazy 4x4 driving now.

7) To open your headlights, put them in an oven (yes, an oven) for 5 minutes with around 100 degrees celsius. This will soften the glue and make it possible to remove the plastic lens.

I would check this green mold isnt on the outside 1st, as my dads rav 4 had the same thing going on, looked like it was on the inside, but i gave it a really hard rub/polish with some scratch x and they came up like new, so try that 1st and put lots of pressure on!