Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spooky Light Fix For Uk?

Ronin

Does anyone in the know if the Corolla Spooky Light Fix is available in the UK?

I've searched the forum and there seems to be a solution but the forum members that mentioned the fix are located in Finland and the Nertherlands.

Corolla Spooky Light Fix Available?

I was going to ask if anyone else had the same problem - Obviously they do!!

Think I will get in contact with the local Toyota dealer and see if they will fix it.

Will let you know how I got on.

In Netherlands the importer send a new ECU to my dealer to fix this problem. After the exchange no problem anymore with the lights.

Took my car to the local Toyota dealer on Friday, along with a printout of the various threads about the problem.

They said that yes, it was the problem, and they are ordering a new ECU for me (under warranty). I'll post again when it is fixed.

I have also got their Technical information sheet about the problem so if anyone wants a copy, let me know and I can email it.

Thanks to all the people who posted info about this problem - I think it might have made things far easier for me!!

Thx for the info,

My local dealer denied the problem at first until I got Toyota GB on their backs, now they are looking into it.

Goldeneye243 could you email me the Technical information sheet so I can show it to my dealer?

Hi guys

what is the spooky light thing that you guys are talking about

I am having a problem with my headlights going dim

every time I turn up the volume on my radio

Here is the info that I was talking about. Cant seem to post the diagram with the post, but here is the text.

Technical Information

Model Corolla TSport Page 1 of 2 Section: Body Electrical

Model Codes: ZZE123

Subject: Headlights Dimming for less than 1 second

Status., Technical Information

Phenomenon/Symptom:

The customer reports that the headlights, interior light and the combination meter dim for less than 1 second whilst driving.

Cause Of Phenomenon:

During driving the engine ECU periodically cheeks the function of the air pump system. The ECU forces the pump to activate to confirm operation. When the air pump is operated a sudden volt drop occurs and results in the headlight dimming and other associated symptoms

Production Improvement:

The engine ECU software has been revised. The air pump system is no longer checked during normal engine running.

Improvement Effective VIN: T. B. A. Feb,2003

Field Fix:

Replace the engine ECU for the counter measure part.

NOTE: It is normal for the lights to dim slightly when other electrical loads draw current from the charging circuit. This ECU is for the specific symptoms indicated above ONLY.

Part No.

Part Name Before Countermeasure After Countermeasure

Engine ECU 89666-02090 89666-02091

Note: The above part number information details ONLY the enhanced parts. Additional parts may be required depending upon individual circumstances.

Ref: TS3?114 Sept 2003

I have this problem and took the car to dealer last october. They looked at me as if i had lost the plot. I told them that it was a common problem and still they looked. Car undergone the usual 20000k service and was told they couldnt find anything wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now been and had my ECU changed, and after 2 nights, I have not noticed the headlights dimming!!

Did have a minor problem with the Security LED flashing afterwards, but that was OK after it had all the keys sorted out.

Done under warranty, so thanks to everyone who has posted about this in the past

Thats great help about the lights, I was told by my dealer that it wasn't reconised as a problem, wait till i ring himm up with this info!

Can you email mail me the full details

Thanks

pdurcan@eircom.net

Took my car to the local Toyota dealer on Friday, along with a printout of the various threads about the problem.

They said that yes, it was the problem, and they are ordering a new ECU for me (under warranty). I'll post again when it is fixed.

I have also got their Technical information sheet about the problem so if anyone wants a copy, let me know and I can email it.

Thanks to all the people who posted info about this problem - I think it might have made things far easier for me!!

Could you please e-mail that info, that would be fantastic!

Cheers Nick :thumbsup:

nick@jtechnical.net

• 2 weeks later...

Have now had the fix done and I can report that all is definitely now fine with my lights, after a few weeks of driving

Would recommend a trip to the dealer if anyone else is having problems!!

Could you email me the full details too please, as I need to get this looked at when I take my car in in a month or so - thanks.

Hi guys

what is the spooky light thing that you guys are talking about

I am having a problem with my headlights going dim

every time I turn up the volume on my radio

thats because you are drawing too much power from car at that point... I suggest that you go to whoever installed your audio setup and let them know of the issue...

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem too, ECU changed under waranty, believe the problem is the same with the celica T sport also.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links