Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hub Replacement On St182

Jester

I got a problem that I am hoping someone can help with!!

A while ago I had the near side front hub replaced on my early (G plate) ST182 celica. It appears that the garage replaced it with a later style one as it sticks out further than the other side!! Since then I have had a massive judder problem braking over 30mph. I have had the tracking checked and have check that all nuts and bolts are tight!!!

Only thing I can think off is getting a second hand hub off an old ST182 and trying that to see if it cures the problem but before I take it all apart is there anything else to try?? :eek:

Are you sure, they may have used a hub off a gen4 celica as thay changed on a G plate? Probably similar as both cars have ABS.

was the car juddering before you replaced the hub? could it be warped discs?

:thumbsup:

Well the car originally went in for a bearing change when they also changed the hub so I can not tell you about the judder before, apart from before wheel bearing they did seem fine, and they were only about a week old before the bearing went.

On looking at the wheels the nearside wheel seems to stick out by an extra inch but since I did not notice this before the hub was changed I am not sure if it was like this before ;)