Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Service Costs?

Corin TH

Hi, I'm picking up our new iQ2, (white & leather) in a few days (!), and am wondering about the Service Plan. Basically, this costs £15.10 a month over 32 months interest free, and covers the first 3 services - £483.50 total , or £161.17 each! Does this seem expensive, or might it be a sensible way to spread the cost?

Don't think anyone has had a service yet, but mine is due in 2500 miles so might enquire how much its gonna cost tomorrow if i have time...will try to pop in and will update :)

I was quoted £313 for a 2 year service plan This only covers service items oil and filter etc. Any other items like brake pads are extra. If i have the car serviced at the same dealer in three years time when the MOT is due that would be free and every one after that.

Toyota labour times for servicing are very reasonable, under an hour for the 1st yearly service and under 1.5 hours for the major 2nd service.

Hi, I'm picking up our new iQ2, (white & leather) in a few days (!), and am wondering about the Service Plan. Basically, this costs £15.10 a month over 32 months interest free, and covers the first 3 services - £483.50 total , or £161.17 each! Does this seem expensive, or might it be a sensible way to spread the cost?

I was asked whether I wanted to take up the service plan but I declined this. The first service is only a basic one and costs about £100 the 2 year service is a bit more expensive around £150.

Now all the the service plan does is fix the labour rates at the time of joining so if the rates go up then you win. When you take out the service plan you put money into an account and it builds up over time and the money then pays for the service if there is not enough money you pay the extra.

Best option is to put a fixed amount into a building society as you wont get any intrest from the service plan account Toyota will

Hope this helps

Ask them to sharpen their pencil ;) I'm paying £10.98 a month for Anne's IQ2 and think it quite reasonable when you consider what we paid for the Aygo service and my Roadster costs about £180.00 for a minor service and up to £320.00 for a main service :shutit:

Les

Thanks all for your replies, which have provided food for thought. Might be worth tackling my dealership over cost which seems a bit out of line, or better still, perhaps we'll just stick the payments into our account rather than theirs!

I'm paying £11.50 per month for the 3 year service plan on an IQ3.

Dont forgot this is a 4 cylinder engine so has an extra spark plug to pay for.

£15 / month sounds a bit over the top.

Glad I asked this question now! Looks like a realistic price should be in the £10.50 to £11.50 range. There are some additional benefits like courtesy car/ collection delivery and one free MOT when this finally becomes due, but don't think they're going to be worth the extra. Think I'll try haggling the cost down a bit or give it a miss if I don't get anywhere.