Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Toyota Meet On Mainland Europe Summer Of 2010!

supra25

Hey,

THIS FIRST POST WILL BE UPDATED WHENEVER THERE ARE NEWS IN RELATION TO THIS THREAD/EVENT!

This is a spinoff thread from the "Big Meet" thread where some of us propsed that we try to arrange a Toyota meet somewhere on mainland Europe so that people from different countries could meet up and enjoy some Toyotahead talks!

So....a short sum up. There are several who have showed an interest in such a meet in the the other thread. Germany, maybe the Nur...Ring, has been suggested as a possible place to meet up. What is important that it is somewhere which would be fairly accessible whether you are from Norway (such as myself), England, Spaing or Hungary to mention a few. I personally would think that it would have been awesome to meet up with people from across the continent and see different cars and share ideas.

If there turns out to be enough genuine interest I have suggested that we make a simple website with information about the meet, were people could sign up on a "I would be interested in attending such a meet" list. All discussions and such about the meet would take place on this, and other, forums. Then "when" and the "where" would need to be decided at a later stage, so suggestions and ideas are more than welcome! :)

To see if there are enough people interested to make something like this happen I thought we'd start off with a simple list. If a meet like this is something you would seriously be interested in attending, then make a copy of the list of screennames already interested, add your own and publish you post. Please post comments, ideas, and feedback in a separate post! :)

UPDATES:

7 NOV 2009: Some practical questions asked in post #

6 DEC 2009: Info site on the meet up and running. All updates and info will be put here, as well as a list of interested folks - www.toyotameet.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supra25

• jonnnnnnnnnnnno

• GIDDLEPIN

• msprince

I am very much up for this as I was one of the guys that thought of this lol

The idea of a mini site is a very good idea and maybe we could take this a set more and get magazine coverage?

1.Supra25

2.Jonno

I am very much up for this as I was one of the guys that thought of this lol

I think the idea of a Nur trip has been mentioned before! :lol:

1.Supra25

2.Desirebmx < Who?? you changed yourname Jonnnnnnnnnnnno??

3.Norfolk n Chance

Good to see that we got the ball rolling on this one.

Who would like to accept the task of spreading the word in the other sub-forums here on TOC? Once we see that there is enough interest here on TOC then we can make decide the when and where the info site and start spreading word around forums in Europe. I alaredy have a couple people interested.

It'd be really cool if we could make this happen! :)

I'm all for encouraging any Toyota meet involving our club and having organised routes, hotels etc on two trips across Europe to Corfu via Venice I can say it is a great idea (as long as it doesn't clash with existing Toyota Owners Club meets ;) ) I will gladly offer help and advice if needed as well as pinning any thread you put up regarding the trip. :thumbsup:

Les

Hello guys, I live in Serbia and we have a Toyota Club Serbia here :)

We would like to come to The Big Meet with all of You from Europe. Next year we won't need visas any more so it looks like we could come wherever you organise that :)

Cheers, greetings from Serbia and www.toyotaclubserbia.com

1.Supra25

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

I was wondering the same!!

Mod: Maybe we could make this thread sticky as suggested and this will be the official thread for the meet on this forum?

I was wondering the same!!

Mod: Maybe we could make this thread sticky as suggested and this will be the official thread for the meet on this forum?

Done ;)

Hi guys, put me down on for it, im up for it, but obviously when dates are set i will book hols etc.

I have been trying to arrange something up in scotland but nothing so far lol.

1.Supra25

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

I hope this does have a good turn out but we still need to make a date so it will give people a lot of notice.

Yes...definitely.

Jonnn(andhowevermany"n's"therare)o: It seems like this all started with us (hehe). How about we hook up on regular mail and discuss som dates and places and such? From there we can start the work in an info website and centralize a list of people who are up for the trip.

Send me a PM with you mailaddy if you are onboard!

I will also update the first post of this thread with info as we go along!

1.Supra25

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

6. 10 ft man (depending on final cost and dates)

If this goes ahead we could have so magazine coverage which would be cool

I agree!! :)

Just to clarify. This list is just to see what the interest is like. You are NOT signing up for anything! :)

Can I recommend that overnight stays be booked well in advance, on my recent trip to Corfu I saved at least £40 by doing this over those booking at short notice, the same goes for ferry crossings ;)

Les

1.Supra25

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

7.Toske

Biggg support from toyotaclubserbia!!! :thumbsup:

Yes...definitely.

Jonnn(andhowevermany"n's"therare)o: It seems like this all started with us (hehe). How about we hook up on regular mail and discuss som dates and places and such? From there we can start the work in an info website and centralize a list of people who are up for the trip.

Send me a PM with you mailaddy if you are onboard!

I will also update the first post of this thread with info as we go along!

yes yes it was :) i sent you a PM

1.Supra25

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

7.Toske

8. Cp6uH

Interestlist is coming along nicely. That's great!! :) Once I get done businesstravelling (late next week), I will start to look into potential dates, places, accommodations etc. I will also start the process of the info website and get that up and running probably by end of November.

Is it a general concent that we would like to bring the Ring into this, or does it not matter? For mer, personally, I'm in it for the meet/show&tell part of this and will not be taking my car out on the track anyways.