Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Big Toyota Meet On Mainland Europe Summer Of 2010!

supra25

1.Supra25

2.Desirebmx < Who?? you changed yourname Jonnnnnnnnnnnno??

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

6. 10 ft man (depending on final cost and dates)

7.Toske

8. Cp6uH

9. Seiz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supra25

• jonnnnnnnnnnnno

• GIDDLEPIN

• msprince

Alrighty...I'm slowly starting up on some research around this, and I'd like to ask you guys some questions in order to get some feedback.

My assumption so far is that we would like to meet up near/around Nürburgring, which is the bases for my research unless there are major protests.

I guess that there will be quite a few who would like to get their cars onto the track once there! I don't know (yet) the schedule for Nordschliefe next summer, but from what I can gather so far is that it is a lot easier to get out on the track during weekdays, than weekends. As far as accommodations go there are many in the nearby area, ranging from €35 - €75 a night for a single room.

This brings me to these two questions for now:

1. Opinion on having the meet on a weekday or a weekend?

2. Would you guys prefer to make your own arrangements for hotel/motel/bed&breakfast or have somebody (me for example) make a group booking in one hotel/motel/bed&breakfast ?

Let me add that an arrangement as the last one would entail signing up on a list at one point, but that list would NOT be published on the web but kept offline on my comp. Forum/online lists of participants will only consist of screen name, car type and possibly country.

Alrighty...I'm slowly starting up on some research around this, and I'd like to ask you guys some questions in order to get some feedback.

My assumption so far is that we would like to meet up near/around Nürburgring, which is the bases for my research unless there are major protests.

I guess that there will be quite a few who would like to get their cars onto the track once there! I don't know (yet) the schedule for Nordschliefe next summer, but from what I can gather so far is that it is a lot easier to get out on the track during weekdays, than weekends. As far as accommodations go there are many in the nearby area, ranging from €35 - €75 a night for a single room.

This brings me to these two questions for now:

1. Opinion on having the meet on a weekday or a weekend?

2. Would you guys prefer to make your own arrangements for hotel/motel/bed&breakfast or have somebody (me for example) make a group booking in one hotel/motel/bed&breakfast ?

Let me add that an arrangement as the last one would entail signing up on a list at one point, but that list would NOT be published on the web but kept offline on my comp. Forum/online lists of participants will only consist of screen name, car type and possibly country.

Hey,

I wold be interested in getting my car on the track, also i dont mind having the meet on the week days if its cheaper lol, may be a slightly quieter on the track? I think if you made the arrangments for hotel etc, it would be easier as i may book somewher 50 miles from the track haha.

What does anyone else think?

Matt

I'm taking a year out before Uni. I've exams in January 2010, and after that i'll be working.. So i'd definately be down for something like this!

I'm taking a year out before Uni. I've exams in January 2010, and after that i'll be working.. So i'd definately be down for something like this!

Then we add you to the list! :)

1.Supra25

2.Desirebmx (jonnnnnnnnnnnno)

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

7.Toske

8. Cp6uH

9. Seiz

10. PapaHett

Hmmm...... :ermm:

This is something I'd be interested in - I'm tinking of a French driving holiday next year anyway. :driving:

Add me to the list, and let meknow dates etc -if the dates work out ok for me I'll be there!

:thumbsup:

1.Supra25

2.Desirebmx (jonnnnnnnnnnnno)

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

7.Toske

8. Cp6uH

9. Seiz

10. PapaHett

11. freebird

.......and so on

Nice..getting the ball rolling now! :)

ps...please feel free to add yourselves to the list of interested people! :)

1.Supra25

2.Jonno

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

6.10 ft man (depending on final cost and dates)

7.Toske

8.Cp6uH

9.Seiz

10.PapaHett

11.freebird

.......and so on

Seems like things are coming along nicely now think i will look into getting a load of stickers for this event when the time comes close.

1.Supra25

2.Jonno

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

7.Toske

8.Cp6uH

9.Seiz

10.PapaHett

11.freebird

12. movistargsxr

I would be interested in this meet but I don't have a T-Sport, just a modified E12 Corolla so would I still be welcome?????????????? :unsure:

Would love to do a lap on the Nürburgring in my own car and also in a T-Sport (just as a passenger would suffice) ! :rolleyes:

Weekend or weekday doesnt bother me as I get 3 months vacation every summer from work :rolleyes:

It we would be good if we all booked same hotel/motel as it would be great to see the carpark full of modified Toyotas!

P.S I would be coming from Ireland so I would need plenty of notice so I can book ferries! :yes:

I would be interested in this meet but I don't have a T-Sport, just a modified E12 Corolla so would I still be welcome?????????????? :unsure:

OFCOURSE!! :) I think this should be for all Toyota owners, regardless of that kind of model they drive. Right? :thumbsup:

OFCOURSE!! :) I think this should be for all Toyota owners, regardless of that kind of model they drive. Right? :thumbsup:

But it is just posted in the "Corolla" section ;)

Ha well all toyotas should be welcome seeing as I don't have a ts lol

and I say make this a sticky on main page so everyone is welcome!

But me and odd still taking all the credit!!!

B)

1.Supra25

2.Jonno

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

7.Toske

8.Cp6uH

9.Seiz

10.PapaHett

11.freebird

12. movistargsxr

13. j44fmj

iwould be very interested in a meet with other toyota owners.

a just purchaedmy glanza v a few months ago and looking for some new ideas for tunning

hopefully this will go to plan and a meet is arranged

Yes...for now ;)

I have urged people to post in other categories as well, and I'm sure that we will get the word out there in a little bit. Seems like the interest is picking up quite well just here in the Corolla section already, which is a good base for continuing with the research :)

Yes...for now ;)

I have urged people to post in other categories as well, and I'm sure that we will get the word out there in a little bit. Seems like the interest is picking up quite well just here in the Corolla section already, which is a good base for continuing with the research :)

I have posted this in "National" meets for you.

I see you are outside of Oslo, I hope you make people aware that it wont be a matter of just getting on a ferry and driving to what ever destination you choose, without proper compulsory equipment, adequate car insurance, holiday insurance, breakdown cover, medical cover, etc,tec,etc..........

I have posted this in "National" meets for you.

I see you are outside of Oslo, I hope you make people aware that it wont be a matter of just getting on a ferry and driving to what ever destination you choose, without proper compulsory equipment, adequate car insurance, holiday insurance, breakdown cover, medical cover, etc,tec,etc..........

Ok, thanks.

We're not quite there yet as to worry about those things, but that aspect obviously has to be considered when things get a bit more finalized and be part of a things-to-consider-before-YOU-go kind of list.

There is still a long way to go before this is reality, but I hope we'll get there :)

We're not quite there yet as to worry about those things, but that aspect obviously has to be considered when things get a bit more finalized and be part of a things-to-consider-before-YOU-go kind of list.

There is still a long way to go before this is reality, but I hope we'll get there :)

I agree ;)

I would have seriously considered this meet but have already booked a trip to Metzeral in the Alsace Region of France in May next year, but I'll be booking things early in the new year to save a bit of brass :thumbsup:

Here's our travel list from this years Corfu trip, you can use it as a reference if you want. :thumbsup:

travellist.jpg

Les

• 3 weeks later...

Alrighty...sorry for the lack of updates in a while. I've been crazy at work and I've spent 4 of the last 6 weeks abroad.

Anyways...I've gotten a mini-site up on this thing now. It's nothing fancy, just somewhere to centralize the info and the people interested. For now the main purpose is to check out the interest from all of Europe (and not just here).

So..for the people who have put their screennames on the list on this thread: If you are still interested, then please fill out the form on the site as well.

Here it is: www.toyotameet.com

If anybody feels like helping out in any way just give me a shout via the 'Contact' page on the site :)

1.Supra25

2.Jonno

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

7.Toske

8.Cp6uH

9.Seiz

10.PapaHett

11.freebird

12. movistargsxr

13. j44fmj

14. Rolla SR

I'd be up for this, but I need dates so I can book time off, I have a nasty feeling its going to clash with my trip to America next year, but we shall see...

...and movistargsxr you have a mod'd diesel what you had done to it? PM me

yeah...we're all dependent on the date, but I'm not quite there yet. Step one was to get the website up, which it now is. Step two will be to get a proper status on the interest. Not just here, but from other forums and countries in Europe as well.

Step three is to look at dates and accommodation alternative.

So...if you are up for a meet next summer in German -> PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME (screenname) ON THE WEBPAGE via the form there

www.toyotameet.com

5 people on the list after one day is pretty good if you ask me. Now what we need to do is spread the word! :)

Something that worked well for us this year was to stay in Bonn. It's about 45 minutes from Nur but is cheap and even has an Irish pub and a good Chinese B)

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...
1.Supra25

2.Jonno

3.Norfolk n Chance

4.Dzvini

5.Msprince

7.Toske

8.Cp6uH

9.Seiz

10.PapaHett

11.freebird

12. movistargsxr

13. j44fmj

14. Rolla SR

Hey guys, and Happy New Year!

Well..it's 2010 and time is flying. It's time to really get this ball rolling if we are to make it happen. The list of interested above reads 14 which is really good, but if you are still interested I need your contactinfo outside the forum.

SO...if you are still interested in attending this meet (not commiting for now, just interested! :) ) then please fill out the form on the website for this meet:

www.toyotameet.com

Also, please feel free to post links to the website around on the web. The more the merrier! :)

Any questions or ideas can also be submitted to me via this site, or posted here :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links