Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Oil Question

sammy73

Hi I'm in need of a bit of advice please regarding the topping up of engine oil in 2002 (52 plate) Corolla 1.6 T3 VVTI engine. I'm in England.

I understand it has 5w30 semi-synthetic oil in at moment so can any brand of semi-synthetic be added to top up level. I was thinking of using Mobil 5w30 super fe semi-synthetic oil, will this be ok ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

it should be fine ,ideally people say you should put the same make of oil in but as long as you keep the grade the same it should be fine.

I would say dont spend money buying semi synthetic stuff. Are you leaking or losing it elsewhere? I would strongly recommend fully synthetic 5w30. I use Castrol edge & its superb but mobil1 is equally good or better. ran my car for a year on that stuff & it didnt smoke or ever needed a topping up.

I would say dont spend money buying semi synthetic stuff. Are you leaking or losing it elsewhere? I would strongly recommend fully synthetic 5w30. I use castrol edge & its superb but mobil1 is equally good or better. ran my car for a year on that stuff & it didnt smoke or ever needed a topping up.

Ive only had the car a few weeks and am hoping im not losing oil elsewhere - the oil level is fine at moment. Apparently the garage I bought it from used a semi synthetic oil when they did the oil change - thats why I thought it best to stick with that. I was also a bit worried about synthetic oil causing leaking oil seals, or is that an old wives tale ?

So do you think car would need topping up more with a semi synthetic and if so why ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links