Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Locking

DrNorthy

I have an 09 Avensis and it locks at 17mph and to let anyone out (after i have stopped) i have to use the button on the door. It never did this when i first got it and toyota want money to turn it off does anyone know how to do it there is nothing in the book.

It is not a warranty problem, it is a customer preferance.IE you can either have it turned on or have it turned off. It can only be altered with the dealer ISP. you most certainly should NOT be charged for this as it will take them less than 2 mins to turn it off. If the dealer refuses, get on to TGB customer relations, they will order the dealer to turn it off for you

Hope this helps you

I see it as a safety issue say i crash nobody can get out of the car without that button being pressed. Toyota in Subikhorpe say i have to book it in for a morning or afternoon and its not a warranty issue. They wont tell me how to do it as they dont want customers messing with their cars !! Might try another dealer when i get chance.

I see it as a safety issue say i crash nobody can get out of the car without that button being pressed. Toyota in Subikhorpe say i have to book it in for a morning or afternoon and its not a warranty issue. They wont tell me how to do it as they dont want customers messing with their cars !! Might try another dealer when i get chance.

Take a another look at the manual. You CAN turn this feature off yourself. It's all explained in the manual. I enabled this feature on my car as it was disabled by default. And yes the doors unlock when you park the car.

Make a complaint about your dealer, they seem to be a bunch of morons.

Mine dont unlock when you stop. Will take it back to the dealer in subikhorpe if they wont do it for free i might just drive it through the window oh sorry my foot slipped.

Mine dont unlock when you stop. Will take it back to the dealer in subikhorpe if they wont do it for free i might just drive it through the window oh sorry my foot slipped.

Ah, they won't until you turn off the engine. Just stopping the car won't unlock the doors and that's not possible to change. Front doors open when locked, when you pull the inside door open lever twice. Back doors should probably also work like that but for some reason they don't?

why does it always say subikhorpe when thats not what i type

Probably the profanity filter picking up a rude word in the middle of your location ;)

No nothing unlocks till i press that button

Ok, that can be changed. If I remember correctly auto-locking the doors after speed exceed 20km/h was one programmable thing and the other was how the doors would unlock.

Read the manual, it's all explained there.

Ok, that can be changed. If I remember correctly auto-locking the doors after speed exceed 20km/h was one programmable thing and the other was how the doors would unlock.

Done everything the manual says no change to whats going on.

Try a few times and you will get in right :yes:

I had the same trouble but got it right in the end. I know I was reading the manual incorrectly so go back a read it again, hopefully you will work out what you were doing wrong. Trust me it does work :thumbsup:

Try a few times and you will get in right :yes:

I had the same trouble but got it right in the end. I know I was reading the manual incorrectly so go back a read it again, hopefully you will work out what you were doing wrong. Trust me it does work :thumbsup:

I've noticed a similar thing. I programmed my 09 Avensis to lock as soon as I take shift out of "Park" (its the 1.8 CVT multidrive). I programmed it so that when the drivers door opens, it unlocks the other doors. I've noticed that sometimes this works but at other times the back doors remain locked and I too have to press the button. I might try re-programming it so that it unlocks when I put it in "Park" again but i'd prefer it to work the way it is just now.

It seems to work sometimes but I haven't figures out why. e.g. if the passenger opens their door first, could that affect it?