Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Problems

Green Goddess

My Roadster has two alarms, a Clifford and the original Toyota one. When I first bought the car I had problems with them confusing each other (If you locked with one and then unlocked with the other it would mean a loud minute or two with frantic button pushing to shut the things up!). Consequently I decided to not use the Toyota one. Everything has been fine, except with the odd problem probably arising from the Toyota key buttons being accidentally pressed in my pocket. The other day was ‘one of these problems’ and I finally managed to quieten the Toyota alarm down by pressing the buttons on the key (although I don’t know quite what I did!) Since then however the central locking won’t work, not even with the switch inside the car, and I’ve just noticed that the Auto function has stopped working on the driver’s window. I cannot set or unset the Toyota alarm (new Battery in the key and the tiny LED in the key flashes when buttons are pressed).

I’ve tried the ten second holding of the switch to reset the window problem but to no avail. I am assuming that the Toyota alarm has ‘got confused’ and hijacked the central locking and window. The small red LED below the heater switch flashes about every two seconds when the key is taken out and is off when the key is in the ignition. I think, but I’m not sure, that it always used to flash even when the key was in the ignition.

Has anyone had an alarm problem? Do you know of a simple reset? Can you tell me when the receiver is for the key transmitter?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links