Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Predisposition Heated Seats

Aygo1985

Hi,

I discovered that there is a predisposition for the heated seats, but in Italy, Toyota does not have the specific switch.

There are opportunities to do some tests to see if you can simply install the switch to operate the heated seats?

Photo of the connector under the plastic cover near the gear:

http://img188.imageshack.us/i/10072009034.jpg/

Official Toyota parts:

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/img032i.jpg/

Thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I discovered that there is a predisposition for the heated seats, but in Italy, Toyota does not have the specific switch.

There are opportunities to do some tests to see if you can simply install the switch to operate the heated seats?

Photo of the connector under the plastic cover near the gear:

http://img188.imageshack.us/i/10072009034.jpg/

Official Toyota parts:

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/img032i.jpg/

Thanks ;)

I've had a quote of around £400 to add heating to iQ leather seats, once I have a few more details I'll post more!

I've had a quote of around £400 to add heating to iQ leather seats, once I have a few more details I'll post more!

Perfect thanks! Because on a Daihatsu Copen was enough to put a switch and the heated seats work!

In IQ the connector and the cables are there, we need to see if there is also a resistance in the seat! :)

If it were enough to buy the switch and you will have heated seats free! ;)

That's an exciting proposition. The car I'm taking in for scrappage is a SAAB 9-5 with heated seats, which I'm really going to miss in winter! When you find out if it's just the addition of a switch, please post your findings!!

Just had a look under the blanking plates on my UK iQ and there is sadly no pre-wiring :o(

still being told 'no problem' by the firm I've been recommended too so hopefully once my iQ3 arrives and I've picked it up from the dealer I can go get me some warmth in the winter!!

Just had a look under the blanking plates on my UK iQ and there is sadly no pre-wiring :o(

still being told 'no problem' by the firm I've been recommended too so hopefully once my iQ3 arrives and I've picked it up from the dealer I can go get me some warmth in the winter!!

Just spoken to the guy that runs the firm who is going to 'heat' my seats and it'll be £450+VAT and should only take 4 - 5 hours - all I need now is my iQ3 to hurry up and get here!!

• 4 weeks later...

My iQ3 now has nice heated seats (2 settings) to keep my backside warm this winter ;) - very impressed with the whole job etc. The firm also does an amazing choice of far better quality leather coverings for the iQ - wish I'd know that first - most colours, different stitching etc!

The firm is Duncan Smith Automotive Ltd based in Stowmarket Suffolk (they do seem to work all over the place though!) Duncan Smith Automotive

Here are a couple of shots of the switches - if you don't have start/stop they fit the switches in the two blanks near the aux input!

Cheers

post-85865-1259961376_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259961403_thumb.jpg

If you have problems with your original leather just return it to the dealer and have them fix it............can't be that hard?

If you have problems with your original leather just return it to the dealer and have them fix it............can't be that hard?

Didn't say I had a problem, just saying that this company uses a better leather (apparently Toyota use leather from the cows belly rather than higher quality hide) and they also give more choice of colours etc, they had a really plush looking set in plum with black stitching, the whole design of the panelling is different - just giving other folks the info!

Ok cool...thought yours had some errors.....................yep after market is very nice and has more possibilities indeed.

Ok cool...thought yours had some errors.....................yep after market is very nice and has more possibilities indeed.

you're right aftermarket are really nice, can't pay twice for leather though so the plum stays! Especially now it's heated ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links