Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supagard

rnine

Last Saturday my better half and I put down a deposit on a new Platinum :D . All well and good, a few extras here and there ;) . Then the salesman asked if we would like the Toyota Supagard paint protection with the added interior protection at a discounted price :unsure: . I was told there was no rush on the decision, as the process is carried out by the garage not the factory. And to let him know closer to the delivery date. So... Cutting to the chase, after doing a search on Supagard to no avail, I was hoping some of you might offer some advice..

p.s. £200 down from £499 was the figure We were quoted :eek: .

Rnine.

Last Saturday my better half and I put down a deposit on a new Platinum :D . All well and good, a few extras here and there ;) . Then the salesman asked if we would like the Toyota Supagard paint protection with the added interior protection at a discounted price :unsure: . I was told there was no rush on the decision, as the process is carried out by the garage not the factory. And to let him know closer to the delivery date. So... Cutting to the chase, after doing a search on Supagard to no avail, I was hoping some of you might offer some advice..

Rnine.

There has been much written on the various merits and value of this "protection"

It does not (as many people are led to believe) give you the protection where you never have to polish your car again, however it can help provide a good base for the protection of paintwork and interior trim.

There are many other "preparations" available on the market........................All of them are only about as good as the person that applies the treatment.

It really is your choice, but if you decide not to have the treatment and look after your car using propriatory paint protectors and polishes bear in mind that you can buy a lot of paint protector/polish for £200

Rnine.

I purchased an Auris 14 months ago and was offered Superguard treatment @£200. Told it would keep car in showroom condition for 3 years without the need to polish it.. If anything was spilt inside on seats, it would wipe off. Asked if the treatment included alloys told for extra £50 it would. If I had my time again,I would not bother. Car certainly does not keep new look and when I asked the garage why it does not have beads of wax on as it did when I bought it, was told you have to wax it. But the wost thing about it is I have had to have both doors resprayed. I had magnetic signs to go on the doors. I had used them for many years on my two perevious cars with out a problem. Within 1 month of having the car,when I took the signs off to wash the car,it left a "bloom" on the door over the area where the signs were. I was told this should not have happened,so had to have doors resprayed. I have not risked putting signs back on for fear of it happening again. Have also seen the product that I payed £300 for offered on e-bay for £22. I know which I would go for next time

Rnine.

There has been much written on the various merits and value of this "protection"

It does not (as many people are led to believe) give you the protection where you never have to polish your car again, however it can help provide a good base for the protection of paintwork and interior trim.

There are many other "preparations" available on the market........................All of them are only about as good as the person that applies the treatment.

It really is your choice, but if you decide not to have the treatment and look after your car using propriatory paint protectors and polishes bear in mind that you can buy a lot of paint protector/polish for £200

I wonder... is this anything like Grojet 2000?

I have purchased a bottle of Grojet2000 and have applied it on the whole car, overall it seems very good, it does not replace a wax, but helps a lot to avoid dirt from sticking to the paintwork, washing is faster, and if it is raining, the car forms drops of rain instead of a whole film of water.

I have also used Carlack 68 to "seal the windshield", at speeds over 40 kph, the water rises through the glass in small drops. this also helps to avoid dirt and resins from sticking to the windshield :)

I declined supagard. :blowup:

I use a combined wash n wax from Poundland. :toast:

I always rinse and finish with a chammy (chamois) leather from Poundland. :driving:

My Blue still looks immaculate. :thumbsup:

POUNDLAND

Turtlewax wash two or three times a year and Mer once in three years. It's still shiny!

You can buy Supaguard kits off e-bay. My valeter uses them to polish all the cars - it's free to him as he uses the kits purchased by those who know no better.

With regard to the paintwork, I really can't see how any product could be that good. You will buy alot of good quality car shampoo and wax for that money. There may be some merit in getting the interior upholstery treated to help repel stains, but again, a small amount of 1001 cleaner takes out pretty much any dirt from fabric and a good set of seat covers gives the best protection to the seats.

Had my Roadster for nearly eight years and the paintwork still looks like new, albeit with a few stone chips :yes:

Supaguard......................What's that? ;) Regular TLC using a good wash/wax and polish is not only therapeutic it looks good too :thumbsup:

Les

Bucket £1.00

Micro fibre sponge or hand mit £2.00

Auto Glym Aqua Wax £13.00

Having your car will look in showroom condition for ever for less than £20... Priceless :thumbsup:

Supaguard = 'rip-off' overpriced product

A decent silicone polish and a little TLC = worthwhile savings and good shine

I agree with what has been said here.... leave the Supaguard with the dealer :yes: or should you really really really want it then buy it off eBay :huh:

Thanks to all that replied. We will spend the money more wisely and buy our own polish/wax/conditioner. The wife can't wait for the delivery now, and I quite enjoy a hour or two with a hose pipe in my hand on a Sunday morning :thumbsup:

As a valeter for a company that sells supagard cant tell you who i work for sorry.. i would advise against buying it as all i would say it is , is a very expensive polish that does not do what it says!! if you read the t&c's it cancels out any warranty and auto glym is a better product by far as i use this myself ( Halfords sell it autoglym super resin polish ) on my 06 aygo and the water runs off the paint like a dream or you can pop down motor world and buy a big red bag from autoglym for about £40 that contains every thing you need to look after your car

if you like i could send you some supagard for free !! just pm me your details interior spray included i throw the stuff away as they give you more than you need as a valeter

if you like i could send you some supagard for free !! just pm me your details interior spray included i throw the stuff away as they give you more than you need as a valeter

Hi 06aygo'

Thanks for the offer, but I'll probably go with your recommendation of AutoGlym. As your in the valeting trade, what time period should I give a new car before giving it it's first wax?

Thanks in advance

Rnine.

Hi Rnine

When you get the car home give it a wax with some autoglym as the dealers always use the cheapest polish/wax they can get from suppliers like autosmart ect. Then just wash the car every 2 weeks or so just to keep it looking nice and wax it about every month depending on how much it is used.

As a general rule i wash my car every week and wax it once a month but i do use my aygo every day and do about 600 miles a month in it to and from work but then again i do have the tools to do it at work that makes it easier for me to do. Doing this means you can keep your eye on stone chips and the common rust spot that aygos seem to have above the window screen ( my local dealer and company said it was a stone chip but when i printed the thread off the forum they soon changed their minds ).

hi i bought the supaguard, when i bought my platinum. if i could turn back time i would. it cost me £200 thats £10 a month on hire purchase. :angry: it doesnt do what it says on the can! gona finish wat i have, then get turtle wax. thats what they use at my brother inlaws garage.