Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modding On A Budget!

theleaf

Alright Chaps

want to start modding my cts but to be honest with you i havent a great deal of money at the mo! lol

looking for cheap ideas to make a difference to the car?

want to lower her but cant afford coilovers, whats the best springs to use any pics makes prices best suppliers?

and anything to make it more individual really?

i got some brand new side skirts off here for £60 and £100 to have them painted n fitted,

just got my lowering springs for £135, 45mm drop on front n 30mm on rear, just google shop em,

waitin for a lad to get back intouch for a grill for it off here aswell, i painted my wheels black myself for £60

plenty of people on here with bits n bobs to sell!!

i got some brand new side skirts off here for £60 and £100 to have them painted n fitted,

just got my lowering springs for £135, 45mm drop on front n 30mm on rear, just google shop em,

waitin for a lad to get back intouch for a grill for it off here aswell, i painted my wheels black myself for £60

wind deflectors for £47

post-31253-1257250771_thumb.jpg

Great stuff mate

like the wheels that might be something i have a go at! in the pic is it with or without the springs fitted.

Want to get an idea how much to lower by and what its going to look like!

want to lower her but cant afford coilovers, whats the best springs to use any pics makes prices best suppliers?

and anything to make it more individual really?

What i had done...

Koni Springs:-

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...350&hl=koni

Strutbrace:-

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=102878&hl=

wind deflectors for £47

Can't really tell by the pic but the tyre look bit chunky maybe some smaller profile?

there standard wheels and tyre size, i think they look ok!! suit the car,

suspension is dropped yet, thats next weekend!

Go for some decent springs, Get the tte springs(eibachs) or get the H&R Springs for a more aggressive stance.

A Strut bar if the cars a pre facelift.

Induction kit if you can push to it. Most of us have k&n typhoons but there are loads of other induction kits available.

Finnaly a decent set of tyres is a must ;)

That will cover the basics to have more fun from the vehicle without spending far to much.

Great stuff mate

like the wheels that might be something i have a go at! in the pic is it with or without the springs fitted.

Want to get an idea how much to lower by and what its going to look like!

i got the sandpaper, wirewool, and primer, bloss black paint and laqure from Halfords, just took my time and put plenty of laqure on!!

cool will see what i can sort out! My big prob is which springs to get have been looking at apex with a 40mm drop. Any thoughts on that?

• 2 weeks later...

My advice is to look on eBay and find some wheels from a more expensive car with the same fitment and lower on some good springs. It's likely you'd have to get new tyres but overall you should save a packet. I got minted 16" T-Sport wheels for my E11 and they only cost me £140 including delivery off eBay.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links