Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Steering Fault

gingerbiscuit

I have an intermitent fault on my power steering, it seems to be weather related, that is I can drive most of the time with no problems if the outside temp is around 15c or above, hence I had a trouble free summer but once we reach the lower Autumn temps, the red warning P/S comes on and I have no power steering. Toyota tell me to replace the steering column, but at £1200 I'm a little reluctant and this may not cure it anyway.

I am going to end up with forearms like Popeye if it continues, I suspect its an electrical fault but I get no help from the main dealership, they just see £ signs I think. any suggestions would be welcome....

thats odd. i used to get that light very very rarely aswell in the winter but only if i keep the car straight the moment i used to brake it used to go away. Its defo a ecu related i recon. Maybe try resetting the ecu? take negative off the Battery for a couple of minutes?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links