Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Light Bulbs Behind Heater Switches

KenMavor

With the dark nights here now switching on the lights in the car is now with us at 4pm. Just noticed that a couple of the lights

behind the heater switches seemed to have gone. Would normally head to a scrappy but very rare to see an Avensis

there.

Anyone any idea where I can get them. It's a 2002 Avensis Verso. I'll get a photo of the central dash so you can see what I mean.

Thanks

Ken

Buy them from Toyota, they look like little top hat's if i have my models correct. About a £1 each?. Change them all while your at it.

Regards, Beagh.

Buy them from Toyota, they look like little top hat's if i have my models correct. About a £1 each?. Change them all while your at it.

Regards, Beagh.

Have gone down the route of Toyota - £4.58 a pop - ouch!!! Only bought one and will see if I can match it from another supplier

at a much reduced price.

Ken

Regards, Beagh.

Have gone down the route of Toyota - £4.58 a pop - ouch!!! Only bought one and will see if I can match it from another supplier

at a much reduced price.

Ken

I changed mine few weeks ago,,at €4.50/each.There are 4(four) bulbs alltogether!!

Try any motor factors,they have them also,,but still expensive.

I must have my lines crossed, maybe we are talking about different bulbs here. I purchased 3 bulbs, part nu:T90011-11040 from Toyota for €6.80 inc VAT, i am in & out of parts department on a regular basis, so i get a bit of discount. bulbs look like tiny little Top-Hats?

Why don't you try Parts-King for price.

Regards, Beagh.

• 2 weeks later...
With the dark nights here now switching on the lights in the car is now with us at 4pm. Just noticed that a couple of the lights

behind the heater switches seemed to have gone. Would normally head to a scrappy but very rare to see an Avensis

there.

Anyone any idea where I can get them. It's a 2002 Avensis Verso. I'll get a photo of the central dash so you can see what I mean.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

Just noticed that two of the bulbs behind the heater switches on my '05 Avensis are gone.

Can you please advise me the best way to access them.

Thanks,

Paul

To replace bulbs, remove trim that runs from passenger door along top of glovebox & across top of radio with with cup holder at the end. Just gently pull away, starting at door side, assembly held in via plastic clips. Remove g/lever surround & you should be able to access 4 radio retaining bolts, radio/heater rotary switches come out as one unit. Slide switch pack to one side, all you need to do now is use a small electrical screw driver to dismantle rotary switch unit.

Regards, Beagh.

PS: Don't know about later MK11 models, but 03/04 do not have radio code.

there.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

Just noticed that two of the bulbs behind the heater switches on my '05 Avensis are gone.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

Depends what model and type of Avensis you have. As Beagh noted that's the way to get into it. You will have to then disconnect the

heater unit and there should be some screws you will need to undo to separate the heater unti to get into the bulbs. Best way is to

take one of the duff bulbs out with it's holder. Usually a twist and pull job on the bulb socket. I found the bulbs were 12v 1.2w

and you can get them off Fleabay for a fraction of what Toyota charge. Check the bulbs but the should just pull straight out

with a bit of pressure and TLC.

Got mine from Electroquest123 on eBay and the key part was the bulb type was 286 - Box of 10 quality 286 Bulbs 12 volt 1.2 watt.

Let me know how you get on.

Ken

• Like 1

there.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks,

Hi Beagh and Ken,

Many thanks for your reply and advise. I intend to replace the bulbs next weekend.

Paul

Paul

Paul,

Depends what model and type of Avensis you have. As Beagh noted that's the way to get into it. You will have to then disconnect the

heater unit and there should be some screws you will need to undo to separate the heater unti to get into the bulbs. Best way is to

take one of the duff bulbs out with it's holder. Usually a twist and pull job on the bulb socket. I found the bulbs were 12v 1.2w

and you can get them off Fleabay for a fraction of what Toyota charge. Check the bulbs but the should just pull straight out

with a bit of pressure and TLC.

Got mine from Electroquest123 on eBay and the key part was the bulb type was 286 - Box of 10 quality 286 Bulbs 12 volt 1.2 watt.

Let me know how you get on.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have an '05 Avensis too. The bulb behind the heater is also gone. I have the bulbs already. I can remove the trim and take out the radio/heater unit.

Unfortunately, I get stuck after that.

Kind regards, Pat

Hi

I have an '05 Avensis too. The bulb behind the heater is also gone. I have the bulbs already. I can remove the trim and take out the radio/heater unit.

Unfortunately, I get stuck after that.

Kind regards, Pat

Pat,

Lot depends which type of dash you have. There should be some "latches" holding the heater unit together which you have to

carefully unpick and then separate the heater into two parts. You should be able to disconnect the heater from the

wiring as well. Once you get the heater unit into two parts you should be able to take the bulb holders out and replace

with new bulbs.

Ken

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links