Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Got Broken Into On Tuesday Night

Lister2020

Didnt find out until wednesday morning when I went out to go to work. Front passenger window was smashed and the stereo was removed, my aftermarket one , apline ida-x100 :( Police came round, said they coudlnt get any evidence because it had been raining, what a shock.

Got the window replaced but there is still loads of glass in the car im having trouble getting out, and god knows how long it is going to be until I get the money from the insurance company to replace the stereo. Should I go ahead and get it replaced now or wait for potentially over a month until the insurance money comes through?

My car wasnt the only one broken into in the street so the wee f**kers had obviously checked the area out.

They even took my !Removed! car charger for my phone!!!!!

Mine was hit the other week as well : http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk56/go...61/Aygo/broken/

The guy(Autoglass) that did the glass replacement also did the clean up.

Nothing stolen as the radio is a face off, I got told that the police wouldn't try to take prints because the vehicle had been in a public location and may have been touched by other people. This was despite me telling them that the car had been parked on my drive since it had been last washed. Then two days later I get a call asking if it's possible to try and get prints from it, after the glass had been replaced and cleaned up.

If I was you I would replace the stereo as soon as you can afford it, but make sure you buy one that has a face off or security card facility. Some manufacturers offer a free insurance policy(for a year or two) that means if you have the face or security card they will replace the radio free of charge if stolen, this is one of the things I like about Blaupunkt.

Thats gutting for the pair of you, Every experience i have had with the police has had the same outcome well i am sorry sir theres not much we can do about it. The whole systems a joke!

My daughter had her car broken into 18 months ago by having the rear door glass smashed out. A few items were taken which included a nice digital camera :(

The police thankfully managed to get a blood sample off the car and using DNA tracked the little vermin that did it. He went to court, was found guilty and ordered to pay my daughter something like £20 per month until the damages were cleared. Has she received anything from him? Has she heck! Not a flippin penny :angry:

Anyway, street justice has since been administered by person/s unknown :D

If I was you I would replace the stereo as soon as you can afford it,

Then they will come back and steal the new one knowing you have replaced it :(

I wouldn’t replace it yet, or if you do have better security.

If you are gonna make a quote and point out a stupid part of it, please make sure and copy the whole quote that makes it not look at all stupid.

If I was you I would replace the stereo as soon as you can afford it, but make sure you buy one that has a face off or security card facility.

Note the bit after the comma, idiot.

Besides you can't really boost the security if the window is broken, other than getting a face off radio (and taking off the face) hence my post.

If you are gonna make a quote and point out a stupid part of it, please make sure and copy the whole quote that makes it not look at all stupid.

If I was you I would replace the stereo as soon as you can afford it, but make sure you buy one that has a face off or security card facility.

Note the bit after the comma, idiot.

Besides you can't really boost the security if the window is broken, other than getting a face off radio (and taking off the face) hence my post.

Calm down dear...

winner-1.gif

:lol:

the face did come off but i only kept it in the glove box. Im going to keep it in the house from now on!!! No guarantee the little f**kers wont come back but if they do and I catch them, HULK SMASH! (with a conveniently placed hammer).

wait... Ubikers? what the?

Can't believe mod's on this forum call their members muppets...

There is no need to smash an Aygo’s window, they can be broken into far easier and without causing damage!

You know this how?...

There is no need to smash an Aygo’s window, they can be broken into far easier and without causing damage!

You know this how?...

Old news

Its also in the press that the Aygo is one of the worse security cars on the road... :(

the face did come off but i only kept it in the glove box

This is the only good thing about the Aygo not having a glovebox lid, less likely to leave the face on view.

the face did come off but i only kept it in the glove box

This is the only good thing about the Aygo not having a glovebox lid, less likely to leave the face on view.

My aygo has the glovebox lid, when i get the stereo replaced ill be keeping the face in the house from now on!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links