Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Helpp Celica Gen 7 Only Revving Up 300 Rpm

jayjay7

HI GUYS GOT A PROBLEM ON MY HANDS IV GOT A CELICA GEN 7 WHICH HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT BUT NOW IT ONLY REVS UP TO 3000 RPM LIKE ITS ON A LIMITER ANY IDEAS WHAT THE PROBLEM CAN BE....HELP GUYS NEED YOUR ADVISE

CHEERS

HI GUYS GOT A PROBLEM ON MY HANDS IV GOT A CELICA GEN 7 WHICH HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT BUT NOW IT ONLY REVS UP TO 3000 RPM LIKE ITS ON A LIMITER ANY IDEAS WHAT THE PROBLEM CAN BE....HELP GUYS NEED YOUR ADVISE

CHEERS

Is the mil light on?

CHEERS

Is the mil light on?

hie whats the mil light if you mean engine management light yes it is mate

Best bet is to pull the error codes & start from there, either buy a OBD2 code reader (cheap ones £30 on ebay) or take it to a garage & have the fault codes read. What sort of/how heavy an accident has the car been in? It's possible something in the engine/drivetrain has been damaged & the ECU has gone into 'survival' mode & limited your revs to 3k. It maybe something as little as a knackered sensor or broken wire but you wont know until you read the fault codes.

Best bet is to pull the error codes & start from there, either buy a OBD2 code reader (cheap ones £30 on ebay) or take it to a garage & have the fault codes read. What sort of/how heavy an accident has the car been in? It's possible something in the engine/drivetrain has been damaged & the ECU has gone into 'survival' mode & limited your revs to 3k. It maybe something as little as a knackered sensor or broken wire but you wont know until you read the fault codes.

ok so best thing is to do the fault code read and should know from there right ok il be doing that then hope its nothing major.well the accident was n/s not tha heavy on the front no were near engine.took off the whole corner so needed lights wishbone etc

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links