Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gap Insurance

platinumpeebo

Who has it who has not? This only applys to those of us who are have there car on finance :)

We had it on our last car the RAV4, it does make sense as it covers the gap between the cars insurance value and the amount you have on finance, our RAV4 would have left us out of pocket by several thousand pounds if the car had been written off , now don't take out the GAP insurance with the dealer go to the GAP website as its cheaper :thumbsup:

I have it on the Aygo and I had it on my first Yaris too, which met an unfortunate end and the GAP cover came good for me, so I would never not have it now. :thumbsup:

I have it on the Aygo and I had it on my first Yaris too, which met an unfortunate end and the GAP cover came good for me, so I would never not have it now. :thumbsup:

Which GAP company was that?

I have been thinking about getting GAP on my aygo but unsure because...£130 seems cheap to cover a car for 4 years.

Example:

Bought car for £8700..

4 years later say the insurance company say its worth £3,700.

Thats £5,000 from a policy that cost £130...just makes me think they might weasel their way out of it somehow?

Matt :)

They can cover it because very few people claim on the policy.

For £20 I can get £10m of travel medical insurance.

I have been thinking about getting GAP on my aygo but unsure because...£130 seems cheap to cover a car for 4 years.

Example:

Bought car for £8700..

Thats £5,000 from a policy that cost £130...just makes me think they might weasel their way out of it somehow?

Mine was through Toyota directly.... it was £250 which I didn't think unreasonable, plus I felt more comfortable going through them than some random other company (this was 5 years ago) when GAP cover wasn't really mainstream.

My Yaris was 9 months old when it got written off and they covered every penny of the deficit. :yes: Was all very quick and easy to arrange and they didn't try to make excuses or anything.... bearing in mind I'd just been in a serious accident, they were sympathetic and did their best to help. That's why I took a policy out on my 2nd Yaris and now my Aygo too.

This was Toyotas own service though, I can't comment on any one elses.

Example:

Bought car for £8700..

Mine was through Toyota directly.... it was £250 which I didn't think unreasonable, plus I felt more comfortable going through them than some random other company (this was 5 years ago) when GAP cover wasn't really mainstream.

My Yaris was 9 months old when it got written off and they covered every penny of the deficit. :yes: Was all very quick and easy to arrange and they didn't try to make excuses or anything.... bearing in mind I'd just been in a serious accident, they were sympathetic and did their best to help. That's why I took a policy out on my 2nd Yaris and now my Aygo too.

This was Toyotas own service though, I can't comment on any one elses.

A write-off within 12 months of 1st registration, gets you a new car with almost any company. I certainly did with Toyota Insurance, when my son rolled it 6 days after he passed the test. The Japanese insurance Co. (not really a part of Toyota), encouraged me to move to another insurer, by ramping up my renewal, despite me having protected NCD, and removing my son from my policy. That was a 3 month old Corolla 5 door diesel sportif. The replacement took so long to get to UK, that the "R" registration was almost over,so I waited a few weeks to get the "S" reg., the last of the Sportif's.

I took mine out online with click4gap in March 08 - cost about £90 for 3 years RTI.They had very good reviews on here & I have found them very good to deal with. If you're going to go for them - pm me & I'll let you know how to get a £10 discount.

Does GAP insurance cover theft & fire as well?

Not just a crash with another car?

It covers theft & anything that leads to the total loss of the car. Have a look at www.click4gap.co.uk - it will tell you on there exactly what is covered & what is not covered.

Ok many thanks all,

Think i'm gonna take a policy out with click4gap.co.uk before my new car reaches the 90 day old limit thing they all hhave.

Ok many thanks all,

Think i'm gonna take a policy out with click4gap.co.uk before my new car reaches the 90 day old limit thing they all hhave.

Toyota quoted me 33o for return to invoice, got the same policy from click4gap for £99 via Quidco, with £30 cashback on top. However this has now been reduced to £22.50, so bargain really

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links