Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very Damp Inside

lynda

After any prolonged rain the inside windows of my Verso are well misted up, takes a while with aircon on to clear. Have checked doors and drain holes clear, all footwells/boot floor are dry.

Are there any other areas to check ?

Thanks

I have had the same problem with all my past toyota's (carina's) and with my Verso TR. I think it just the fact that Toyota's are not that good on the Heating and ventilating front. None of the setting seem to give a good blast of air to the winscreen vents.

Make sure you have not got the air on recyle but are drawing in air from outside

Switching the dual climate control to windscreen mode clears things pretty quickly. Zero degrees this morning with ice on the car, by the time I had been around the car and scrapped all the other windows the ice on the front screen had turned to water and the inside was clear.

Yes it does sometimes mist up but the full blast windscreen button does the job.

Is it just the windows that are misty or does the car smell damp?

Dont be offended by this but do you smoke? If the windows are dirty or greasy then it doesnt help the clearing of them once misted up. Try giving them a good clean with glass cleaner to see if this helps.

Dont be offended by this but do you smoke? If the windows are dirty or greasy then it doesnt help the clearing of them once misted up. Try giving them a good clean with glass cleaner to see if this helps.

It's largely a wet/cold weather phenomenon. The car carpets and upholstry absorb the water you take into the car on wet shoes/clothes over previous months, and you probably havn't cleaned the insides of the windows for 6 months.

You could clean the glass, then dry the car-mats by taking them into your house for a week, and just use rubber mats in the car for a while. The boot lining carpet/felt will also harbour damp, and only a long trip with the heating and A/C on (recirculating) will do a decent drying job.

Cleaning the glass well, takes a bit of perseverence, as my recent attempts with a hot wet chamois, was pathetic. I might resort to a pal's technique of using toothpaste, which he normally uses on scratches on the wiper areas. Store the car indoors, even if it's not your garage, for a while.

If the car has an air-con system which ain't working efficiently as it should can contribute to excess damp and also it may be worth checking the cabin filter is clean. A blocked drain at the air-con evaporator can also contribute to such problems. Also are the drains in the heater air intake sytem clear and free running. Dampness in cars tends to be prevelant this time of year as heating air intake systems can easily get blocked with leaves after the Autumn leaf fall. If there is a distinct fusky odour coming from the heating vents it could mean the heating system has a fungal growth which will inhibit heating efficiency.:)

If the car has an air-con system which ain't working efficiently as it should can contribute to excess damp and also it may be worth checking the cabin filter is clean. A blocked drain at the air-con evaporator can also contribute to such problems. Also are the drains in the heater air intake sytem clear and free running. Dampness in cars tends to be prevelant this time of year as heating air intake systems can easily get blocked with leaves after the Autumn leaf fall. If there is a distinct fusky odour coming from the heating vents it could mean the heating system has a fungal growth which will inhibit heating efficiency.:)

hi,

i've got the same problem.anyone got any idea where the cabin filter is?

• 2 weeks later...
many thanks hopefully answer is in here somewhere

lynda,i had the same problem as you so i checked the cabin fliter (behind glove box) and found out it was blocked.i've removed it for now until i get a new one