Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Bulb

bobbyblade

orquid

Awkward...? :huh:

Very awkward.....................but possible...................be prepared to take some skin off your knuckles.

Give yourself plenty of time, and remember not to touch the glass of the bulb with your bare hands.

any hints

Awkward...? :huh:

.........................does not really help much :rolleyes:

have a yaris 05 old model, need passenger side headlamp bulb changing, any hints as it looks as orquid as they come :huh:

Yes, it is awkward, but I did manage it, after buying my Yaris D4-D, '53 reg, 2003. Read up in the car handbook first, and wear some washing-up gloves, as I got the backs of my hands scratched in many places. Fortunately those 50% brighter Halfords bulbs (really GEC), lasted 5 years+, until I traded-in last Sept. Good value too at 2 for the price of 1 = £15.00.

I have had the same bulbs fitted to my Mk 6.5 Fiesta, at the same price, but these Fords need the headlamp shells taken out to change any bulbs, so I upgraded the sparkplugs to Denso Iridium Tough, and fitted a Pipercross air filter also, as I was going to have to pay a local mechanic for the work. If I was choosing bulbs today I would go for the Philips Extreme+ (extra 80% light) and available locally, or Osram Nightbreakers (+90%). PIAA do H4 bulbs that are E-marked at over £50 a pair, code no HE303, and quoted output of 110/100 % enhanced, from a legal 60/55 W power, and those run at a colour temperature of 4000 deg kelvin, which is closer to sunlight than any other E-marked filament bulbs.

I did it on my Yaris fitting brighter bulbs. cardboard sheet under headlamp to catch bulb when I dropped it - which I did. Otherwise it lands in the engine tray..

I used fine rubber gloves to avoid grease on the bulbs.. A real pia. Warm garage job. Impossible with cold hands.

Buy from your local car accessory shop and the guy might fit them if you ask - or Halfords will fit them for a small charge...

My daughter's boyfriend used Halfords as he hadn't a clue what to do and was scared to try.....

Its something daft like £4 for a two minute job, but it might be the easiest route out if you're completely new ot this and don't fancy risking it yourself....

Actually just realised that noone's actually answered your real question....

Its quite straightforward, but just fiddly because of the lack of room.

1) Pull off the white platic wiring connector (three wires go into it and it just pushes onto the bulb and pulls off.

You might have to "wiggle it" a bit as it will be a tight fit and maybe lever it a bit with a small screwdriver.

2) Pull off the black rubber seal from the back of the headlight.

3) Release the bulb. There's a wire clip that holds it in place that you have to depress under its fastening lugs. After you've released the wire clip, the bulb will just fall out.

Reassembly is simply the reverse of the above, making sure that the bulb is seated in its base properly before you fasten the clips in place. (There are lugs on the bulb so it will only go in one way round...)

And as mentioned above, make sure you don't touch the bulb glass or get grease on it as that will cause the bulb to fail prematurely.

3) Release the bulb. There's a wire clip that holds it in place that you have to depress under its fastening lugs. After you've released the wire clip, the bulb will just fall out.

Is the hinge for the wire clip at the top (lugs at the bottom) or hinge bottom (lugs top)?

I am building my self up for it. On my swim to work this morning (thank goodness the tyres are new) I definitely would have prefered more illumination.

Also why did Toyota forget to fit mirror heaters even though they have bothered with electric operation :angry:

Hinges at bottom. Release clippy bits at top.