Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Alloys Opinions Please

9BarStrata

Hi

At the moment i'm looking at 2 different alloys the 10 spoke Juno and the 7 spoke mapsa

in your opinion which looks better on a 04 Avensis ?

Which ones are more prone to kerbing ?

and because i'm going from 205/55-16 up to 215/50/45-17 is there going to be a need to

alter the speedo or is the difference negligible?

Cheers thanks for opinions

Hi

At the moment i'm looking at 2 different alloys the 10 spoke Juno and the 7 spoke mapsa

and because i'm going from 205/55-16 up to 215/50/45-17 is there going to be a need to

Hi there in The Old Home Country,

Just a wee thought....back in my Avensis days, I seem to recall quite a few instances of people changing from 16" wheels to 17" remarking that....

1. Roadholding did not improve, and some cases indeed reported they thought they noted a deterioration.

2. The well documented / posted Avensis road noise issue became worse running on 17" rims rather than 16".

In case I am talking mince, I am off to research my OLD forum of Avensis, and stand to be corrected, but spend ye not thy punts (woops....euro things) until you have researched also. Still miss my Avensis, but love the 212bhp Ravvity thing.

Regards,

Big Kev :lol: ;)

Hi

Hi there in The Old Home Country,

Just a wee thought....back in my Avensis days, I seem to recall quite a few instances of people changing from 16" wheels to 17" remarking that....

1. Roadholding did not improve, and some cases indeed reported they thought they noted a deterioration.

2. The well documented / posted Avensis road noise issue became worse running on 17" rims rather than 16".

In case I am talking mince, I am off to research my OLD forum of Avensis, and stand to be corrected, but spend ye not thy punts (woops....euro things) until you have researched also. Still miss my Avensis, but love the 212bhp Ravvity thing.

Regards,

Big Kev :lol: ;)

You should also have a wee look at posting today from "2912pwil" re his / her doing exactly opposite from you, going from 17" to 16" partly for reasons I suspected had previously been commented on. The main thing that gets on my upper abdomen is the woeful price difference between the two diameters.....as the actress said t'bishop, how much for an extra inch?

Regards,

Big Kev :thumbsup:

....Which ones are more prone to kerbing ?....

I think you will find that it is the driver that contributes to the kerbing and not the wheel :huh:

My 2009 model runs on 17" wheels and that is totally fine and feels just right as well as looking good :yes:

This is something that I've been interested in too.

The 16" alloys fitted as standard on my 07 T3-X look too small for the car, and they're not a particularly attractive design either, but I hesitate to spend £££s on a set of 17" alloys after reading some of the posts on here regarding increased road noise etc.

Also, would I have to buy 5 17"alloys, or 4 alloys + 1 17" 'spacesaver'?

On reflection, I think perhaps I'll invest in a set of rear parking sensors instead.

This is something that I've been interested in too.

The 16" alloys fitted as standard on my 07 T3-X look too small for the car, and they're not a particularly attractive design either, but I hesitate to spend £££s on a set of 17" alloys after reading some of the posts on here regarding increased road noise etc.

Also, would I have to buy 5 17"alloys, or 4 alloys + 1 17" 'spacesaver'?

On reflection, I think perhaps I'll invest in a set of rear parking sensors instead.

If you do go for the parking sensors let me know what brand you buy and how good they are.

Sorry to move away from the original question but I have been considering a set of aftermarket sensors.

Regards Pete.

I have 17" Juno's available for a cracking price, PM me for details. Only a couple of sets left FOREVER, get em while you can!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I think you will find that it is the driver that contributes to the kerbing and not the wheel :huh:

i was wondering if either of the above mentioned wheels stick out beyond the tyre at the rim or further up the wheel

around kerb height.hence they would be more prone to kerbing. :thumbsup:

i was wondering if either of the above mentioned wheels stick out beyond the tyre at the rim or further up the wheel

around kerb height.hence they would be more prone to kerbing. :thumbsup:

Hi,

I have changed from 16 to 17's with the 45 profile. The lower profile lines the rim more to the curb so will naturally be more prone to curbing regardless and on top of it lining up or sticking out from the tyres. From here I'm just careful how I mount or park along side the curb which comes in different heights and textures anyway. As for the other points, it is more noisier on certain surfaces but shows no change in handling. The effect on the speedo is negligible, its only a couple of mph off , nothing dramatic enough to get caught out for example by a speed camera driving without realizing the speed. I can live with and enjoy the aesthetic changes I've done with the car and that is the main thing. This is from my experience. It'll depend on the roads in the area and what the car is predominantly used for.

Regards,

jezza