Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattle Noise

compressor mad

any corolla tsport owners herd a rattling noise from the cam cover area? vehicle is serviced every 3months so god knows what it is :(

any corolla tsport owners herd a rattling noise from the cam cover area? vehicle is serviced every 3months so god knows what it is :(

lift bolts?

Dude probably just the valve train they are noisy! as long as it doesnt sound like a helicopter or extremely loud you should be fine. Its also possibly the injectors they are noisy. i also hear a ticking sound from the evap condensor that does my head in. You would know if it was a serious noise you would be losing power etc and have an engine light on. Just keep an eye for any strange activites other than that it should be fine.

cheers for the replys lads

i had a look at the lift bolts they were slightly worn but not 2 bad gona change them anyways

it does sound like its coming from the valve train area but there is no lack of power or lights on just need 2 see wot happens hopefully it aint anyfin 2 worry about

• 4 weeks later...

been doing some snoopin on the internet found out that the 2zzge engine is known for bending valves if miss shifted at high revs which i recall doing o dear :(

kinda thinking i mite sell her on as i dont wanna go takin off the head and having a look the noise isnt that bad but i have noticed an increase in fuel consumption lately maybe the bent valve is letting in more air?then the ecu is putting in more fuel to get the ratio correct????

A bent or non seating valve will give a slight misfire/rough running on tickover along with a drop in compression on that particular cylinder - if the engine is running fine and producing normal power, dont think it would be a bent valve(s).

Are you sure the noise isnt coming from a bent baffle plate on the underside of the cam cover (you can see it if you take the oil filler cap off) - they quite often get bent down slightly and its enough to touch the cam/valve gear causing a ticking or rattling noise.

Mick