Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n Typhoon Is S**t

frainy

i loved my k and n typhoon but had it bout 6 months now and it last week stretched my wireing so that broke then it broke the maf so had to change that then today looking at it put my hand underneather it and cut me finger and thoguht what was that looked and were the pipe is conected to the bracket it has snapped clean off , witch could have got bits of metal in to the engine, just writing a letter to k and n demanding my money back . has any one encounterd this bracket brakeing ? frainy

has happened before, Are you sure that you did not tighten it down to the bracket to much?? defo danger of getting that part of the bracket in to the engine. can you take some pics of the damage i have just bought another typhoon pipe that was welded on but i dont think i am going to be using the bracket. I extended my maf cables aswell wise tip to do so.

i took the typhoon off mine, it was a pain in the *****, kept throwing eml lights on due to the wires being too tight. I've been standard now for 6 months and no problems, but i miss the noise

I had exactly the same problem with my apexi... oh no wait no i didn't

apexi all the way

A'pexi .......... :P

apexi all the way

Need i say more? B)

:lol:

apexi all the way

Need i say more? B)

Yes you could start mentioning the powertec ,same as above no probs with wires and if anything I think just a bit louder than the typhoon and not as expensive plus I got 206 bhp when I had it on my cts.

Yes you could start mentioning the powertec ,same as above no probs with wires and if anything I think just a bit louder than the typhoon and not as expensive plus I got 206 bhp when I had it on my ctc.

What's a CTC?? :huh:

:P :lol:

Yes you could start mentioning the powertec ,same as above no probs with wires and if anything I think just a bit louder than the typhoon and not as expensive plus I got 206 bhp when I had it on my ctc.

What's a CTC?? :huh:

:P :lol:

sorted

yeah my typhoon snapped at the bracket too...

had to get it welded...!!

i extended my maf sensor wire also...

they do sound the mutts nutts tho

i have not had a problem with my typhoon yet but i put it down to the installation, over tightening the bracket will cause it to snap....not extending the maf wires is asking for trouble. What i want to know is weather the pipe is safer once welded? as i just bought a spare that was welded after it snapped.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

apexi all the way

Need i say more? B)

anyone got a link for it?? had a look but can only find nissan ones!! eeewwwwww!

i have not had a problem with my typhoon yet but i put it down to the installation, over tightening the bracket will cause it to snap....not extending the maf wires is asking for trouble. What i want to know is weather the pipe is safer once welded? as i just bought a spare that was welded after it snapped.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Yeah it should be as strong if the welding is good . im now considering removing the bracket too . do you rekon the typhoon would droop down if i did this?

i have left mine off that bracket for ages however it did once topple off and caused the car to cut out.

any one got a polished typhoon pipe for sale! i bought one off a member on rms but i have a nasty feeling its not coming through. Really want to buy a polished intake pipe lol.

i have left mine off that bracket for ages however it did once topple off and caused the car to cut out.

any one got a polished typhoon pipe for sale! i bought one off a member on rms but i have a nasty feeling its not coming through. Really want to buy a polished intake pipe lol.

did the whole pipe topple off?

It did fall down like just fell loose but i put it down to using a crappy universal silicone hose which didnt grip aswell. I put the original on and have had no problem simply do this use the bracket bro....but dont tighten that bolt like crazy just screw it in a few threads so there is some play in it.

yeah ok il do that . i do alot of miles away from home so need it to be well reliable.

not sure if this has been mentioned but could this snapping of the pipe be something to do with which way round the bracket is? which way should the slot go?