Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust System?

weeksy

Hi all

I am wondering what is the best option to go for regarding an after market exhaust on my celica gen 7.

When looking on eBay and other sites you see choices of just backboxes and cat back systems but i dont want it to be stupidly loud.

Does just a backbox change make a big difference or would you recommend a cat back system?

Please give me you opinions

thanks

a backbox will only change the note of the car no performance increases. a cat back will increase flow a de-cat would be even better but will increase noise. Fensport.com have a number of systems, companies like powerflow can create custom jobs, they will ask what sort of note you want from your car

what is wrong with powerflow? i think they are a franchise so it may differ from garage to garae but the made a full system for my old glanza and made a down pipe for my gt4, both of which have been top notch!

I thought cat back meant from the cat (not including it and backwards) but on the Celica gen 7 i think there are only two sections to the exhaust. The down pipe, cat and midpipe are all in one section and the backbox and the rest of the mid pipe in another. So surely a system for the gen 7 will either be cat back or full exhaust system?

I could well be wrong, but this is how i understood it.

Cheers, James

I thought cat back meant from the cat (not including it and backwards) but on the Celica gen 7 i think there are only two sections to the exhaust. The down pipe, cat and midpipe are all in one section and the backbox and the rest of the mid pipe in another. So surely a system for the gen 7 will either be cat back or full exhaust system?

I could well be wrong, but this is how i understood it.

Cheers, James

i have heard so many story of many diffrent area n i know lots of people in garages , basicly i know of many sytems that have been made up just got fit but have had to be cut off rather than removed there is much more but on a quick note i would just stay well away

i have heard so many story of many diffrent area n i know lots of people in garages , basicly i know of many sytems that have been made up just got fit but have had to be cut off rather than removed there is much more but on a quick note i would just stay well away

I know that you can buy just a backbox or just a decat pipe etc and retro fit them onto your system, but i was just saying that for a straightforward swap they were the options.

I wouldnt say stay away if you have to cut the exhaust though, so long as its done properly with flanges welded on its as good as just buying another section to fit straight on. Personally i would rather have more sections becuase it is so expensive when one of the two goes. The upside is that where sections join is quite often where they break and corrode first, so you would expect the original setup to last well.

Cheers, James

Hello Weeksky, I see you're based in Warrington... Not too far seen as I'm in Runcorn. ;)

Give MIJ Performance a buzz. They're rather good I believe. Few people I know now hve had 'em. Fully made and fitted while you wait with a Lifetime Gurantee. They'll do whatever you want.

Whether it be full system with sports cat, Cat-back, rear section or axleback. Check out Their Website for more details. There's a page where you can enquire about price also. :)

Hello Weeksky, I see you're based in Warrington... Not too far seen as I'm in Runcorn. ;)

Give MIJ Performance a buzz. They're rather good I believe. Few people I know now hve had 'em. Fully made and fitted while you wait with a Lifetime Gurantee. They'll do whatever you want.

Whether it be full system with sports cat, Cat-back, rear section or axleback. Check out Their Website for more details. There's a page where you can enquire about price also. :)

Cheers for that mate ill du just that cheers for ya help

No worries at all.

Do you happen to go to the Mascrat Manor meet at all bud? Check out this Link if you don't. :)

I recently changed my CAT and exhuast. Speaking to a couple of people I came to the conclusion that a standard CAT (BM catalyst via Eurocarparts) would be fine for me without flaffing around with the mapping. I ended up going for a Remus Exhaust which turned out to be an excellent choice. Its very silent exhaust note with just a deeper tone at low end and it only really comes alive when you rev it into the VVTi band.

So for me, the standard CAT plus a Remus exhaust has made the car alittle more responsive, given it a really nice sound at mid to high end but keeps the noise down when I'm just cruising around.

Elite direct in Dagenham sourced me the exhaust and fitted the CAT and O2 sensors very cheaply aswell.

Sarf