Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Recognise This Spring - From Rear Seats?

andymturner

Just found this (broken) spring underneath rear folding seats in my 2007 Corolla Verso. Does anyone recognise it and where it might have come from? Interestingly, one of the seats is now proving difficult to fold flat, so it looks like this might be the reason. Anyone had similar experience? Grateful for any advice offered. The car's still under warranty but I might fix it myself if it's a quick and easy job. post-47077-1258382683_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Funny enough I found the same on the floor of my '06 T Spirit (presumed to have come from nearside middle row seat) a couple of months back. I left it with garage when it was last serviced who claimed to have replaced (but I am somewhat suspicious as if they did it didn't take very long :angry: ). Never noticed any issues since though - sorry not much help - suggest you take now while still under warranty. Tim

Just found this (broken) spring underneath rear folding seats in my 2007 Corolla Verso. Does anyone recognise it and where it might have come from? Interestingly, one of the seats is now proving difficult to fold flat, so it looks like this might be the reason. Anyone had similar experience? Grateful for any advice offered. The car's still under warranty but I might fix it myself if it's a quick and easy job. post-47077-1258382683_thumb.jpg

Thats easy to answer,under warranty,give it back to us to sort !!!, if you damage any thing else then it wont be covered under warranty.

The spring is broken and needs new 1 ordering up.

The internal locater is present, but look at the outer coil,where's the locating lug ? , nothing to attach to.

Thanks for the answers I've had. Mystery now solved - stuck an inspection lamp under the rear outer two seats and can clearly see that this spring works with the seat folding mechanism. There are four of them in total (2 for each seat) and what my photo shows is the remnant of one of these that has broken. I've mentioned this fault on two occasions when the car has been in for services and each time the dealer has not even bothered to investigate. That's Toyota 'service' French style for you!

Just found this (broken) spring underneath rear folding seats in my 2007 Corolla Verso. Does anyone recognise it and where it might have come from?

Yes, I recognize it! I found exactly the same on the Floor of my Verso.

Showed it to the dealer (while having the rear discs replaced under warranty for the second time, but that’s another story), they concluded it was from the rear seat, and that a new seat frame would need to be fitted. This involves removing the seat removing the upholstery, putting this on the new frame and then putting it back in the car. They ordered the frame and contacted me for an appointment to fit it, this was not a quick job I needed to leave the car all day so they provided me a loan car.

This was all done under warranty.

By the way, The fitter at the dealer did say that this could not cause any problems and if the car was not under warrant the advice would be just to leave it as it is.

So my advice is if your car is still under warranty get it fixed.

That's Toyota 'service' French style for you!

I am very impressed with Toyota service Dutch style!

Hope this helps, Andy