Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leaks

kerrie3000

i opened the passenger door of my 59 plate Aygo today and the seal was wet, so i checked the floor and found the rear footwell to be soaked, i checked the drivers side and the rear footwell was damp. i called the local dealer and they will take it in tomorrow for a look. just looking for any advice

cheers

Kerrie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kerrie3000

• reece

• rodzRX7

• in_the_no

just looking for any advice

Should have bought a Yaris... :(

At least you dont have an auris :censor: In my mothers car a seal in the rear bumper went and the tyre well was like a pond

all she needed was a few fish for it :lol::lol:

thanks your a big help !!!

Sorry! :(

I’ve lost count of the number of threads about leaking Aygo’s, they seem to appear every other day and its not the older ones either. A brand new 2009 car that STILL leaks is unforgivable.

Do the C1’s and 107’s have the same issues or is it just the Aygo?

Kerrie - Take it back to the dealer :thumbsup:

thanks your a big help !!!

Sorry! :(

I’ve lost count of the number of threads about leaking Aygo’s, they seem to appear every other day and its not the older ones either. A brand new 2009 car that STILL leaks is unforgivable.

Do the C1’s and 107’s have the same issues or is it just the Aygo?

i have an appointment for tomorrow. i used to work for a car manufacturer, so dont worry i know my warranty rights. i agree its not acceptable that is is still happening

Just baffling :wacko: - mine (5 door black) was ordered in May, delivered at the end of June. Having read all of the 'leaking' posts on here I have checked my footwells/spare wheel-well/ back seats/ door & window seals etc several times after rain the last being yesterday when I drove through a downpour for a while. No problems and dry as a bone.

I see that some of the people suffering have Aygo's newer than mine (Kerrie). I just can't see how this can happen. Apart from the fact that it seems to be a common problem going back for a long time and should now be history, how can some get out ok and others not? Aren't they all put together at the same place? (please correct me if I'm wrong). Surely someone somewhere checks the seals where they are made for quality and again when they are fitted. (or is this wishful thinking?) :dontgetit:

It's really sad because so far overall I'm really pleased with mine; it's good to drive, very versatile and 'cheap-as-chips' to run. Just very disappointing that the same problem with leaks keep rearing up.

I hope all of you get the problem sorted out with no further hassle.

This is most definitely worrying if even the 'all new' Aygo's leak :(

Thus far we have been trouble free...but I too will be keeping a closer eye on things.

Thus far we have been trouble free...but I too will be keeping a closer eye on things.

i took the car in a 8am and the dealer rang at 11.30 to say they needed to replace both door seals and would be fixed by tommorrow. good service, i was just suprised that as it is such a common issue why dont they have the parts in stock!

i took the car in a 8am and the dealer rang at 11.30 to say they needed to replace both door seals and would be fixed by tommorrow. good service, i was just suprised that as it is such a common issue why dont they have the parts in stock!

New carpets?

New carpets?

didnt think to ask, should i have new carpets?

i opened the passenger door of my 59 plate Aygo today and the seal was wet, so i checked the floor and found the rear footwell to be soaked, i checked the drivers side and the rear footwell was damp. i called the local dealer and they will take it in tomorrow for a look. just looking for any advice

cheers

Kerrie

Gosh.......

It's horrible to read so much threads about leaking in a brand new car. Now I better get my finger crossed for my little blue......Please please please be DRY......

[ i was just suprised that as it is such a common issue why dont they have the parts in stock!

Because everyone wants them :)

My '08 Platinum leaks so I thought I'd have a good look as to why before I went to the dealers. On close inspection, the n/s front door had a slight deformation in the seal - slight, but enough to allow water to run down the "A" post and into the passenger well [sic] ;) via the path of least resistance. I took it into the dealer and they replaced ALL the seals (and added the new 2nd rubber seal that runs along the top of the Shell to the o/s) HOWEVER, the dealer rang me to let me know that the brand new n/s top seal had a "deformity" in it so they didn't fit it and got another on order. They also said the part (n/s top new seal) was not in stock which makes me wonder if there is a batch of faulty seals.? They did replace the n/s door seal with a new one and that appears to have cured my problem. (and thats WITHOUT the 2nd seal!!)

Another observation I made is how easy it is to "trap" the seal and therefore over time deform itself. As the Aygo only has one seal if it's not right, it's going to leak! Obviously this is done to cut costs, but at what price to the Toyota marque? I can't think of another car with only one door seal. (except C1, 107 :) )

My dealer has been absolutely brilliant, and I can't say Im that bothered about my leak as its only small, but I can see why some people are mad as badgers about the whole thing.

For people with leaks, I would suggest running your fingers round the seals and feeling if there is something not uniform about them. Cleaning them and adding some silicone spray will also help to prevent the water ingress.

Sorry for the long post :unsure:

well after getting mine leak fixed 2 weeks ago

went out to the car this morn and found thi

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

least to say, i am not happy at all the car has done less than 2000 miles.......... so she booked in 2m for as long as it takes.. am will be expressing my veiws on this 2m ...

has any one had this much bother?? feel like handing the car back and walking away

@ rodzrx7

Jesus. That is bad. The door seal can't even be TOUCHING the door when it's shut to be letting that much water in. That's just got to be a door alignment issue?

Hope you get it sorted out.

Not what you expect from a new car :(

i had both door seaL replaced on thursday, gret all sorted no problem. i wen tout to my car today and found water on the inside of the driver door and all in the seal, i mean FFS who hard is it to do a water test after you have replaced the faulty part. will have to ring Mr T again tomorrow. not happy

i had both door seaL replaced on thursday, gret all sorted no problem. i wen tout to my car today and found water on the inside of the driver door and all in the seal, i mean FFS who hard is it to do a water test after you have replaced the faulty part. will have to ring Mr T again tomorrow. not happy

Did you get new carpets as well?

to right its not hard to do the test prob jsut lazy...

my car is now back in for the 2nd time if it happens a 3rd they can have the car back!!!!

have you had any form of compensation??

sean

Well I've been concerned to learn that even the face-lifted Aygo's appear to have a propensity to leak...so with the downpours we've had of late, I'm very pleased to see that ours has been leak free - hopefully it will continue to be that way!

Its weird I have a 07 Blue and even using a jetwash I have no leaks.

Just lucky I guess

Me two, I have two Aygos now and not one single leak, well except my own when i failed to stop on ice :lol:

Hope you get them fixed! :)