Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leaks

kerrie3000

Same thing happened on my partners 59 5dr 2 week old platinum (around 200 miles on clock). Phoned dealership and spoke to service who were unhelpful, so decided to go to dealership in person, but salesman was on his day off, so had to escalate within service dept to get it looked at and demanded a courtesy car. Took car in today and after speaking to 2 staff including salesman, they say they have never seen or heard ofthe issue . I told them that we looked on this forum and seems to be a common issue with old and new owners and would have thought that Toyota would have sorted this by now! I dont know if they were being defensive, evasive or genuinely havent had complaints at the Bristol North Toyota delaership. Out of curiosity, has anyone else reported an issue with their Aygo at this dealership on Gloucester Road, Patchway?

Cheers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kerrie3000

• reece

• rodzRX7

• in_the_no

Same thing happened on my partners 59 5dr 2 week old platinum (around 200 miles on clock). Phoned dealership and spoke to service who were unhelpful, so decided to go to dealership in person, but salesman was on his day off, so had to escalate within service dept to get it looked at and demanded a courtesy car. Took car in today and after speaking to 2 staff including salesman, they say they have never seen or heard ofthe issue . I told them that we looked on this forum and seems to be a common issue with old and new owners and would have thought that Toyota would have sorted this by now! I dont know if they were being defensive, evasive or genuinely havent had complaints at the Bristol North Toyota delaership. Out of curiosity, has anyone else reported an issue with their Aygo at this dealership on Gloucester Road, Patchway?

Cheers

Your dealer SHOULD have heard of this problem as there is a suggested cure for it.

The additional, doortop seal.

Good luck with the warranty, you could always show them this forum where several

people have had a warranty repair including new seals and replacement carpets.

You can actually buy the additional seals as a set but they're £85.00

Toyota ARE aware of the problem and have gone to the trouble of manufacturing the new part.

Ian.

Its weird I have a 07 Blue and even using a jetwash I have no leaks.

Just lucky I guess

Yep, 57 Blue here, no leaks even when pressure washing. :thumbsup:

Let's hope I didnt' just jinx it! :!Removed!:

after finding water in the seal, i though i would wait and see what happened. after the bad rain this weekend the driver side rear footwell is now drenched (it was the passenger rear footwell last time) car is booked in on friday. i will insist on new car this time and if the accessory mats dont dry ok, they can replace them as well. if they dont fix it i will be rejecting the car. i really dont need this hassle ( on one does) i start a new job on monday which i cant get to if i dont have a car. i scrapped a crappy VW polo for this! :angry:

dreaded going out to my car today, however i was surprised that the rear driver side footwell doesnt seem to have go any wetter. HOWEVER a new leak has started on the passenger door but is now in the front footwell, the rear passenger footwell has only just dried out, starting to get very annoyed. roll on fridays's apptoinment, Mr T needs to sort this out or they wont get their courtesy car back!

I too had some droplets comin in after heavy rains, but after toyota replaced all door seals + additional weather strips, my car was dry & clean even after a very heavy downpour last nite.....

Fortunately I've not had any problems with water leaks in my Blue, apart from

when I open the boot on a rainy day.

The leaks reported seem to be with the rubber seals and I'm wondering if

a rubber lubricant would be of any help.

Halfords SILICONE LUBRICANT £3.99

Fortunately I've not had any problems with water leaks in my Blue, apart from

when I open the boot on a rainy day.

The leaks reported seem to be with the rubber seals and I'm wondering if

a rubber lubricant would be of any help.

HALFORDS SILICONE LUBRICANT £3.99

I tried that, it wasnt a spray, but like a gel. Didn't work :( I only get leaks every now and then : / im still not sure what causes mine lol

Cheers

Hello, just to let you know you are not alone... I picked up my new Aygo Plus from TWN in Patchway a week ago. It went back in on Monday as there was about 2-3 pints of water in the driver's footwell on both Saturday and Monday. They have replaced the seals and carpets. It's being delivered back to me shortly so here's hoping... They have been very helpful to me. I am very surprised though that they say they haven't heard of this problem...

Good luck.

Iv noticed during our current spell of glorious downpours that my back windows are letting in drop of water, please tell me Im not the only one this is happening to?

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster! So, I'd noticed recently that the windows in my (56 plate) Aygo started getting a lot of condensation on them. It didn't take much investigating to figure that water is leaking in somewhere, probably around the hinge for the boot hatch on the left rear end given the water stain on the roof lining:

IMG_5574.jpg

The water seems to be running down between the body and the interior panels and dripping into the boot:

IMG_5569.jpg

The end result is that it looks (and smells) like someone with a weak bladder has been sat on my back seats:

IMG_5580.jpg

Taking it into Inchcape Toyota in Basingstoke in a few days, let's see what they have to say about it! :unsure:

My 07 Black has started to leak !!!

Noticed it about a week ago after the last batch of heavy rain. Owned it for nearly a year and it hasn't leaked once. Carpet behind drivers seat is wet.

Popped into Mr T yesterday and told them about it and they have me booked in for Monday for investigation.

car went into Mr T yesterday for the 2nd leak to be checked out. they called me this afternoon to say they have found the 2nd leak. the part is not coming in until 16 dec and they asked me to pick my car up until then. i advised that i would not be collecting my car as is it currently not roadworthy and further rain would cause further damage to the car.they advised i only had use of the courtesy car for 2 days so he would need to speak with the service manager and he would call me back. 3 hours later he called back and advised the matter had been referred to Toyota UK and he would call me back tomorrow but icould keep the loan car in the mean time.

there is no way that i would take back my car when i cant keep until out of the rain, which we all know is terrible at the minute. and the fact he didnt argue with me makes me think i have a valid case

what do you think

ps. really enjoying driving the Auris, the MMT is making the drive to my new job in heavy traffic easy!

kerrie3000 - Well Done! Stand your ground! Good luck with the auris!

Two Aygos two leaks platinum new door seal and the blues having a membrain fixed behind the door speaker. How would the water get down the door to the speaker?

Reading with interest whole thread. I collected a new Blue on 9th Nov 2009. I think it believes its a swimming pool, clearly its blue and full of water!

Blue 5 door 59, bit steamy from day one, thought it was just the weather, then daughter placing bag on front passenger floor was wet. On investigation water coming up though the carpet.

After rain, water seen in both front door openings on top of the rubber seal roughly in line with the Speakers.

Toyota Reading, very good really, loan IQ, called within a few hours of dropping off, don't call us, we'll call you - parts shortage. Four days latter, car ready but we could not replace the carpet - Toyota no stock. Carpet cleand but a bit smelly, Toyota will supply a hire car and we'll keep yours until the carpets are available.

However, this problem seems as old as the Aygo, C1, 107. Why would they not fit the extra seals at manufacture, why wait for cars to leak?

November record rain falls - any wonder Toyota have run out of parts??

I think it is a TOTAL JOKE of Toyota to keep making these cars with this KNOWN fault.

they say they want 100% customer satisfaction yet there not addressing the product with that 100% mindset!

J O K E R S

..But i love my aygo

The Sarga continues. I called the dealer on friday who confirmed that have found the further leak and repaired it. they also confirmed that my carpets/mats had been fully dried out. i then arranged i would collect my car on saturday morning. when i got in my car i felt behind the driver seat the it was soaking wet. i was fuming. did they think i wouldnt check! why bother lying. i went back to reception and conveyed my dissatisfaction and told the receptionist that i woulod not be taking back my car until it was dry or carpets replaced, so i still have the loan car and will await further contact from them.

I am horrified by the service of some Toyota dealers in this thread, what ever happened to customer satisfaction? and I am saddened to hear about people's plight with the downpours.

I hope Toyota do the right thing for all people concerned.

Good luck to all.

Dropped off my Aygo at Inchcape Basingstoke this morning, got a call around lunchtime asking if it was alright for them to keep hold of the car for a couple of days while they diagnose where the leak is coming from. Will be interesting to see what they end up saying but so far they've been very pleasant! Rolling around in a 1.3 Yaris at the moment, doesn't feel especially quick (obviously) but the engine is really really quiet and it's generally quite a nice relaxing car to drive. Feels like you're sat really high up though which is a bit strange.

Took my 07 Aygo to Kings Toyota in Hedge End (Southampton) yesterday. Had it booked in for them to look at the leak.

Top service as per usual.

They showed me the technical article from Toyota showing where the water is coming in from (looked like it was the boot area, some sort of vents?).

Anyway, it is booked in for the 29th, they will have the car for a whole day, provide me with a loan car and without even asking they told me I would be getting new carpets :)