Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Or Trd

BRIDGES

Hey yall,

Im thinking of buying the short shifter when spare money available. I know a few who have them fitted, but has any one had the opportunity to try the trd and tte???

I know the tte is a !Removed! to fit but i wont be fitting so i dont mind that let down but i think ive heard the tte is the better of the two, can people please clarify.

TTE has the shorter shift/throw iv tried them both and the TTE is shorter but the TTE is stiff...doesnt bother me too much but id say TTE loll

TTE was a doddle to fix... fitted it in the rain in about 20mins flat by myself... was one of the easiest things i've had to do to a car!!

throws nice and short and it is stiff but adds to the feel i think and it makes gear selection 10 times easier

if you want hard try fitting a new window regulator to a new age VAG car... complete ball ache :o

TRD its just baller

Say what?

i have the TRD, i would not want the throw any shorter or stiffer then what the trd makes it, its a nice balence from the orginal give you a better feel but with good everyday drivability.

Joel

TRD its just baller

Say what?

i have the TRD, i would not want the throw any shorter or stiffer then what the trd makes it, its a nice balence from the orginal give you a better feel but with good everyday drivability.

Joel

baller = big baller – high baller (slang kind of term dude)!

on a more important note, TRD for me is the best balance......i find it difficult to use the tte its just to stiff for someone like me it takes longer to get it into gear as i dont throw my gears in really rough the trd is just snap in which i like the tte is really short and so is the twm (not the height the throw) Twm shifters sit lower than both tte and trd but it makes it more difficult and stiffer which i dont like. TWM are better suited to the americans they cant drive stick haha have you seen how harsh they shift!!! You have to force the shifters in. The trd comes into play as with a light touch you can slot into the gears which i think makes them quick!!!!

either way both are good and it depends on your driving style, i have a smooth driving style where i dont smack my gears in or force them i just tap them in quickly but thats because i have a quick disengaging clutch which works well in combination to my shifter.

Thanks for all your input fellas, TRD seems to be the one for me. Is fesport the only place to buy???

I have TWM and I'm really happy. Yes, it's really stiff if you mount it "as is" straight out of the box, but the stiffness is determined in majority by the size of the ball joints and you can easily modify this (as I did).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links