Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Aygo Is 2.5 Months Old & Has 3 Proplems!

toyboata

Hello

My aygo is a 59 reg, got it on the 1st sep.

So far i have had:

A squeak/rattle from the tail gate (well, glass)

A rattle from the rear passenger seatbelt

A leaking passenger door seal - and when i say "leaking" i dont mean a drip - more like a torrent!

Not very impressed.

Its booked in for the 30th...at least they've agreed to look at it and repair under warrenty if called for.

Its almost as bad as the yaris at this rate!

I am sorry to say that this does not surprise me.... my daughter's Aygo is 2.5 years old and has had numerous problems which includes numerous leaks.

Make sure they deal with the problem of the leaks properly, there are new secondary seals they can fit so get them to do that work for you.

Good luck :thumbsup:

there are new secondary seals they can fit

Thanks Phoenix999

What do these secondary seals look like, or which part of the car do they attach to?

Happy motoring all :)

there are new secondary seals they can fit

Thanks Phoenix999

What do these secondary seals look like, or which part of the car do they attach to?

Happy motoring all :)

Good question.... I have not looked at my daughter's car in great detail but they stick on outside of the original seals, I am not sure if they stick to the door or opening. When the door is closed you do see them as they fit and fill the gap between the door and the opening. My Land Cruiser and my Avensis have these and they work. However, saying this my daughter has mentioned that something in her car was wet the other day but she said that nothing else appeared damp, strange situation :huh:

My facelifted Aygo has been solid and reliable - surprisingly so as we are a family of Lexus/BMW/Audi owners :P

Little Blue gets driven by everyone in our family and for all sorts of jobs. A little over 5K since ownership in June of this year, and it has been faultlessly reliable.

Oh and it is a hoot to drive as an MMT :)

It runs above the original seal, just below the roofline.

Another forum member posted a pic :

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ost&id=5751

Hope you get it sorted

Cheers

Lofty.

Hey Loftylad. Any ideas if Mr T sells this over the counter at the spares department? I drive a Aygo Blue, and built in 2007. I m one of the lucky few with NO PROBLEMS. I d like to buy the extra seal to get better sound insulation for my car.

Hey Loftylad. Any ideas if Mr T sells this over the counter at the spares department? I drive a Aygo Blue, and built in 2007. I m one of the lucky few with NO PROBLEMS. I d like to buy the extra seal to get better sound insulation for my car.

Yep, apparently they're £85 per car. (I'm quoting another forum member -unklian- here)

Cheers

Lofty

Phoenix999 & Lofty - thanks both - that photo is very handy - will have a look what they do when it goes in.

I'm hoping these few minor faults will be fixed - and then no more problems from that point onwards.

Will let the forum know what happens for future ref.

Thanks

Matt :)