Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Moderator Nomination Discussions

GIDDLEPIN

I disagree with the "being a or having knowledge of Toyota's".... there are plenty of fair people on here who would make good mods that don't curently own Toyota... being able to recognise when posts are getting out of hand has nothing to do with owning or knowing about Toyota's...

True, but its does help if they can have some technical input too. Not a requirement for all mods but it would be good to have some that do have good knowledge of Toyotas.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDDLEPIN

• Norfolk n Chance

• Hou

• KPARRIS-JONES

I disagree with the "being a or having knowledge of Toyota's".... there are plenty of fair people on here who would make good mods that don't curently own Toyota... being able to recognise when posts are getting out of hand has nothing to do with owning or knowing about Toyota's...

I agree with Gaz, they need to be able to control a forum and keep an eye on things BUT not be too heavy handed, stop the flow, let their own feelings rule how they work or be too happy to close!

They should spend plenty of time on here, be well known and possibly even be a supporter as they are already showing willing to support the club!

can't we have one for each specific forum who owns or has owned that car?

That would mean 20-30 moderators at least, this is and always has been "Toyota" Owners Club. As I said in the first post regarding nominations

We will be looking for individuals who are prepared to moderate and contribute on all forums and not just their own particular favourite, it would also be appreciated that they have an active interest in any local and national club meetings.
. Although the individual forums are successful we are finding less and less people supporting the club at national events, so in a nutshell anyone that just wants the position to cover one particular forum won't be helping the club as a whole. :thumbsup:

Les

Who is Beagh1958? not wanting to be ignorant just I have never seen the name yet someone has nominated them

This proves that people are reading the sticky post on every forum and it is good to know someone other than a general discussion poster isn't on it ;)

tbh i alway use the 'posts since last visit' as it just makes it easier to see whats happening across the forum. you may be able to help out else where.

after all we shouldnt be biased against another toyota just because its not the one we own.

Who is Beagh1958? not wanting to be ignorant just I have never seen the name yet someone has nominated them

This proves that people are reading the sticky post on every forum and it is good to know someone other than a general discussion poster isn't on it ;)

Exactly the point I was trying to make a few posts ago :yes:

84,674 REGISTERED MEMBERS (At the last count)

25 FORUMS

10 MODERATOR NOMINATIONS

4: COROLLA MEMBERS

1:PASEO MEMBER

1:AVENSIS MEMBER

1:YARIS MEMBER

1: WITHDRAWN

1: NONE POSTER

1:WHO DOESN'T HAVE ANY PROFILE INFORMATION

Not really inspiring :(

How many new moderators are you wanting? :huh:

It isn't the amount of nominations, it is just that I was ever hopeful that members on the whole would take an interest in this and would give support to the club that they are benefiting from. I'm not taking away the continued contributions of all the regulars but I might as well have just posted this in General discussions for all the interest it has generated

Yeah true les big lack of interest, but how many mods do you want out of interest?

Just give the power to me and Gaz like you said at JAE

Haven't decided how many yet, the way the nominations are going it will probably be one. :yes:

I told everybody at JAE they would be a mod.....How do you think we got so many this year :P

And it will be a vote that decides ;)

Yeah true les big lack of interest, but how many mods do you want out of interest?

Haven't decided how many yet, the way the nominations are going it will probably be one. :yes:

I told everybody at JAE they would be a mod.....How do you think we got so many this year :P

I distinctly recall... and i'm sure Hou will back me up on this... that you promised to make us mods :D

:lol:

I distinctly recall... and i'm sure Hou will back me up on this... that you promised to make us mods :D

Oh dear....It looks like I will have to remove both of you from the nomination list as I can't have people thinking I show favouritism.

He did, while sober I might add, due to us spending too much time on here and our dedication to meets and bench collection!

Well, I agree :thumbsup: Both of you would make excellent Mods :angel_not:

He did, while sober I might add, due to us spending too much time on here and our dedication to meets and bench collection!

Well, I agree :thumbsup: Both of you would make excellent Mods :angel_not:

Have they been sending threatening PM's to you again Victor?

Victor knows the consequenses of the wrong answer to Les's question......

:death:

Victor knows the consequenses of the wrong answer to Les's question......

:death:

Ahem!...................and you Gaz should know the potential consequences of a statement like that...........(especially if you want to be a moderator :P :lol: )

We take the "be polite" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive will receive one warning, and will be permanently banned from Toyota Owners Club after a second offense.

:rolleyes: ;) :lol:

But i wasn't being intentionally unpleasant.... i accidentally picked the wrong smiley... i meant to use this one :flowers:

84,674 REGISTERED MEMBERS (At the last count)

25 FORUMS

10 MODERATOR NOMINATIONS

4: COROLLA MEMBERS

1:PASEO MEMBER

1:AVENSIS MEMBER

1:YARIS MEMBER

1: WITHDRAWN

1: NONE POSTER

1:WHO DOESN'T HAVE ANY PROFILE INFORMATION

Not really inspiring :(

Les.... I understand your sentiments above but surely it goes on how many new moderators you want for the club. If you want 1 and have 9 nominations then you are rich, if you want 10 then we are **** creek :huh:

But i wasn't being intentionally unpleasant.... i accidentally picked the wrong smiley... i meant to use this one :flowers:

Sure it wasn't this smiley? adult_kissass.gif

:P :lol:

Les.... I understand your sentiments above but surely it goes on how many new moderators you want for the club. If you want 1 and have 9 nominations then you are rich, if you want 10 then we are **** creek :huh:

Like I said Steve, it isn't the quantity, it's the variety there are only really 4 choices out of the ten nominations and all of those are general discussion users

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links