Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moderator Nomination Discussions

GIDDLEPIN

But i wasn't being intentionally unpleasant.... i accidentally picked the wrong smiley... i meant to use this one :flowers:

:lol:

Sure it wasn't this smiley? adult_kissass.gif

:P :lol:

Nope... i always find it's better to say things with flowers :P

:flowers:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDDLEPIN

• Norfolk n Chance

• Hou

• KPARRIS-JONES

Like I said Steve, it isn't the quantity, it's the variety there are only really 4 choices out of the ten nominations and all of those are general discussion users

Yeah it's a shame when you see the facts like you stated with there being so many members, forums etc. :(

Maybe people just lack the confidence?

I know it's a nominations based thing but those who said themselves are on there! (Me.. haha)

Victor knows the consequenses of the wrong answer to Les's question......

:death:

AND I can stand the sight of anyones blood as long as it isn't mine :lol:

Having been a member of a few online and offline forums and committees over the years I can say that stating the membership numbers in no way equates to the number of people who would be interested in becoming a moderator. You are not actually looking at a pool of close to 85,000 people. You are more than likely looking at close to 2,000 active users, if that. How many registered users have posted to more than one forum in the past two months?

Look at the reasons why someone registers with a forum in the first place. In most cases it is a one off issue with a car and the dealer is not being helpful. You have others who like to tinker with their cars and want to share technical information, they may post cross forum but are more likely to only discuss items relevant to specific models. There are those who like to get out and about and travel to meetings but these are usually singles or couples who do not have children and a shed load of family commitments to take priority. Then there is everyone in-between who use the forums as a social area with a Toyota bias as well as a place to pick up technical tips.

Now look at how many messages you are asking each moderator to look at, the board stats say there are over 945,000 messages, have they all been checked by a moderator and how many are generated each day? There is a danger that some humour could be misunderstood (just look at the postings on this thread) and whilst having a laugh is not a problem this is an international forum and a moderator should realise they are dealing with many cultures and sensibilities.

I think when someone puts themselves forward and can be seen to be able to do the job in a sensible way they should be given the chance. You will not find many volunteers for any committee or moderator role so those who do put themselves forward should be given as much encouragement as possible. As moderator status can be revoked at any time anyone abusing the role could easily be return to a standard user at any time.

I disagree with the "being a or having knowledge of Toyota's".... there are plenty of fair people on here who would make good mods that don't curently own Toyota... being able to recognise when posts are getting out of hand has nothing to do with owning or knowing about Toyota's...

I havnt "owned" a Toyota since 1982 but have driven a company Toyota since that time, not that I want to be a mod, just that you dont have to "own" one IMHO

Kingo :thumbsup:

Given the choice between a good solid person with a good attitude towards the job in hand who isn't a Toyota owner currently and someone who is none of the previous who is a Toyota owner, I know who I'd pick!! :lol:

Someone has nominated Dave.m who seems a good choice, seems very big with the Rav4 lot

never heard of him..... :huh: :huh:

Where should i send my cv!

no comment ;)

Then why post?? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

no comment ;)

sorry it was meant to be funny,humour is not a strong point in this club is it :rolleyes::thumbsup:

no comment ;)

sorry it was meant to be funny,humour is not a strong point in this club is it :rolleyes::thumbsup:

There is a time and a place for humour.....................he he :lol:

no comment ;)

I suppose owning a corolla and having an IQ means you must be found in the lower echelons of the swamps of Flintshire. Good on you for admitting such humble belongings... :thumbsup: Humour has its range of degree, and dry humour can be mistaken for being serious - as I have found on a few occasions here! Some of the better wind-ups have been hilarious tho and its what keeps a forum interesting.

Of course serious things are posted up and peoples problems (with their cars) given help.

When it comes to names though being used on this forum, I get confused by names like "Red Yaris" when the said red Yaris has been sold off and a M-B Avantgade (is that a perfume?? :lol: :lol: ) been acquired. Said example is an undoubted contributer but it does cause confusion. However, one can understand the need to wear expensive M-B perfume if living in Cambridgeshire.

Take my nom-de-ploom for example - I no longer live in Bothwell but do still buy things.... so perhaps I should change to be called Uddingston-Buyer? However I admit to preferring "Bothy" as a nickname - far better than getting called "Udder" for instance. Had I managed to change my name, then my nomination as a moderator would have been met with complete confusion.

I mean, who would recognise the beloved moderator Red Yaris if the name was changed to M-B Avantgarde? So theres a debate for a new thread I expect... :D

I suppose owning a corolla and having an IQ means you must be found in the lower echelons of the swamps of Flintshire. Good on you for admitting such humble belongings... Humour has its range of degree, and dry humour can be mistaken for being serious - as I have found on a few occasions here! Some of the better wind-ups have been hilarious tho and its what keeps a forum interesting.

Of course serious things are posted up and peoples problems (with their cars) given help.

When it comes to names though being used on this forum, I get confused by names like "Red Yaris" when the said red Yaris has been sold off and a M-B Avantgade (is that a perfume?? ) been acquired. Said example is an undoubted contributer but it does cause confusion. However, one can understand the need to wear expensive M-B perfume if living in Cambridgeshire.

Take my nom-de-ploom for example - I no longer live in Bothwell but do still buy things.... so perhaps I should change to be called Uddingston-Buyer? However I admit to preferring "Bothy" as a nickname - far better than getting called "Udder" for instance. Had I managed to change my name, then my nomination as a moderator would have been met with complete confusion.

I mean, who would recognise the beloved moderator Red Yaris if the name was changed to M-B Avantgarde? So theres a debate for a new thread I expect...

We Know who you are Udder...........er Bothy..............................Whatever name you post or vote under! ;) :lol:

My M-B A180 Avantgarde does have the required amount of hinges though!! :P ;) :lol: