Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Help

larvington

Help! I've had my Prius T Spirit for a couple of weeks now. I'm still playing with the features, after 1 successful bluetooth connection with my phone I've been unable to reconnect. It looks like the handsfree option is turned off and I cannot turn it back on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Look in your phone handbook. On my Sony Erricson you can select hands free or otherwise. Because you have had a successful connection to the car previously it looks to me like the phone setting. I inadvertantly took my "hands free" off on my phone once.

Hope you get it sorted.

Chris.

Help! I've had my Prius T Spirit for a couple of weeks now. I'm still playing with the features, after 1 successful bluetooth connection with my phone I've been unable to reconnect. It looks like the handsfree option is turned off and I cannot turn it back on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Have you checked to make sure that Blue tooth is turned "on" on your 'phone.

When I carry the 'phone I always turn off Blue tooth so that others cannot connect through it and I do sometimes forget to turn it back on when I get into the car.

I think it ought to be possible to tell from the information that comes up on the screen when you power up the car whether you just have a Blue tooth connection failure or you do not have the phone properly "registered". Similarly, the list of connections on the 'phone should tell you whether it has the car registered.

Thanks for the replies. It's the handsfree option on the car that isn't working. My phone pairs with the car, its the car that doesn't seem to want to register the phone. When I look at the options once the phone has paired there isn't anything listed i.e. handsfree etc. The handsfree power option on the car is greyed out and won't let me change it.

It did work the first time I tried it but never since. I've deleted the car as a device a number of times. I can always re register the car on the phone, problem is the car doesn't seem to see the phone. My phone is discoverable and even flashes as if it has a connection.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a BlackBerry Pearl 8100. The problem is actually solved now. I tried pairing a friends phone, which worked first time. I then tried mine again and it also worked, its been trouble free ever since. Not sure if it was a glitch or some kind of PICNIC error ;) . Thanks for all the input though.