Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling!

Harriet_Beaumont

I had only driven about 750 miles when I noticed my brand new aygo was rattling! And I can't work out where it is coming from, my mum thinks it sounds like it is coming from the spare wheel in the boot! I took it into toyota and when I took it out with them to show them it didn't rattle atall, which it doesn't seem to do when it has passengers in it...really odd. It is about 5 months old now and it still rattles but only when I am alone in it. Before I noticed the problem I had recently had the spare wheel changed, so I don't know if this had something to do with it....

It might be the seatbelts in the rear. There is a small recess on each side where the seatbelt clip can be put when not in use.

Have a look at the seat-belt anchors that hold on the metal eyes at the end of the belt with metal bolts.

Mine were a bit rattly when I had no passengers and the belts were slack. I got the garage to fit some felt washers to damp the sound, seems to have worked.

I had only driven about 750 miles when I noticed my brand new aygo was rattling! And I can't work out where it is coming from, my mum thinks it sounds like it is coming from the spare wheel in the boot! I took it into toyota and when I took it out with them to show them it didn't rattle atall, which it doesn't seem to do when it has passengers in it...really odd. It is about 5 months old now and it still rattles but only when I am alone in it. Before I noticed the problem I had recently had the spare wheel changed, so I don't know if this had something to do with it....

My '58 reg Fiesta Mk6.5 has been doing this, so I just fastened the rear belts into the buckles. The front belt could also maybe benefit from this in your car, but there is a well-known noise problem from the front seat runners in the Aygo (my wife is now running her second one). Some people use a dry-lube like engineers scuff-kote, which is a bit like a chain-lubricant that goes dry-to-the-touch. If it was my car, I would get the dealer to fix the seat rails down securely using thread-lock on the securing bolts, as well as having them apply the lube, just to keep everything within warranty.

P.S., the Yaris I owned for 5 years (3-door), had the rattle problem, and that WAS due to me not using the belt parking plastic mouldings to the right and left of the rear seats, moulded into the side-panels.

Hatch-backs in general, are prone to rattles, from the rear seat area usually, and with my present car, it can be due to the seat squab not being fully reseated after using the fully flattened seating,-- not relevant to the Aygo, but the spare wheel/tools stowage can sometimes be secured better.

One problem which my wife had was related to the rear hatch. She had a new latch assy. fitted, but if it is noisy, it can be adjusted. Modern car-bodies flex, but this will reduce when loaded.

If you still have a rattle with 2 rear passengers and an empty front passenger's seat then the culprit is that seat. (if you have a plastic hide-away tray under that seat, as in my Yaris, you could try removing it for a trial).

Hi, I have got an aygo with a rattle - it is the rear seat belt anchoring.

On the left side, the bolt holding the seatbelt to the body doesnt go in as far as the other one does. So when theres no passenger using the seatbelt it rattles, with passenger it doesnt.

My rear glass is also squeaking...but it also used to rattle. I found a bolt that was loose on the hinge...tightend it up and the rattle stopped but it now squeaks.

Its going in to have it done by mr t on the 30th. cos its also leaking water into the car!

Happy days!

Matt :)

You can stop the rear window squeak with silicon spray (or Mr Sheen!), or talc - it was a well known problem with smarts and either of these usually solved it.

i had a rattle and i found it to be the spare wheel nuts loose in the spare tyr compartment. i just taped em into place with insolation tape.

Hope this was a help.

Birddy

• 2 weeks later...

my aygo also squeks...It squeks due to the front seat belts and from somewhere else in the back (still can't find from where its coming though)