Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Tyre Pressure Problem

Stevet1138

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas regarding a problem I seem to be having with my 03 Avensis T4 1.8 (new shape).

I have recenly replaced the front left tyre as I noticed that it was wearing on the outer edge and was losing pressure every couple of days and thought I had a slow puncture. Well after having the tyre replaced two days later I noticed that it was totaly flat and after inflation it seems to be losing pressure (this morning it was down to 20 from 30-32) - can anyone give me any idea on why this keeps happening?

I may have caught the kerb the day after I had the tyre replaced - could this have affected it it any way?

The size of the tyres are 215 45 ZR17 (Dunlop)

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas regarding a problem I seem to be having with my 03 Avensis T4 1.8 (new shape).

I have recenly replaced the front left tyre as I noticed that it was wearing on the outer edge and was losing pressure every couple of days and thought I had a slow puncture. Well after having the tyre replaced two days later I noticed that it was totaly flat and after inflation it seems to be losing pressure (this morning it was down to 20 from 30-32) - can anyone give me any idea on why this keeps happening?

I may have caught the kerb the day after I had the tyre replaced - could this have affected it it any way?

The size of the tyres are 215 45 ZR17 (Dunlop)

You may have damaged the wheel rim making an air tight seal with the tyre faulty. Ask the fitter who replaced the tyre to check this for you. If you have a suitable sized container you could check where the leak is by immersing the tyre in water.

Fitter

I've got the same problem with one of my tyres - keeps losing pressure although no apparent damage to the tyre itself. As the tread is very low now I.m getting it changed in the next couple of days, be interesting to see if the new tyre holds pressure. Perhaps the tyre fitter will be able to tell me if there's damage to the wheel allowing air to leak out.

I've got the same problem with one of my tyres - keeps losing pressure although no apparent damage to the tyre itself. As the tread is very low now I.m getting it changed in the next couple of days, be interesting to see if the new tyre holds pressure. Perhaps the tyre fitter will be able to tell me if there's damage to the wheel allowing air to leak out.

I had this problem a short while ago, It was slight corrosion around the inside of the wheel rim where it touches the tyre bead, the tyre fitter stripped the tyre, cleaned up the rim with a light wire brush replaced tyre on rim, no problem since. :D

It's not unusual for corrosion to appear on an alloy rim where the tyre sealing bead meets the rim. This can happen due to either salt corrosion or from dogs urine (why do hounds always pick tyre wheels, Eh!!) If the corrosion ain't too deep then a good clean with a wire brush and a light coat of Hammerite paint can restore the surface sufficiently to make an air-tight seal. I have been able to use this fix successfully on a number of occassions especially on older rims.:)

Well, with any luck this has been sorted out.

It was leaking air in two places on the inside of the wheel - they cleaned the rim and added some sort of sealant.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links