Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xtr Help Please

RAVCLAN

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some more info, I have just seen an XTR D4D for sale on eBay (new shape) but it has a spare wheel on the back door??? didn' t think they did this model with spare wheel on back door but don't know for sure so can you all help me as it would be a little piece of info I would like to know.

Thanks.....

I think from memory that the first XTRs did have a spare wheel. They were very near the XT4 spec for XT3 money.

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some more info, I have just seen an XTR D4D for sale on ebay (new shape) but it has a spare wheel on the back door??? didn' t think they did this model with spare wheel on back door but don't know for sure so can you all help me as it would be a little piece of info I would like to know.

Thanks.....

Hey there.

Well, I can tell you that my one definitelly does not have a spare wheel.

I did a quick search on eBay for you and if it is the black 56 reg one... you are right it is a bit odd. CD changer + leather + fogs +spare wheel = XT4 in my book. However, XT4s don't have roof rails. (and neither do XTRs). So it is either someone with an XTR + few spare parts or a spec I haven't seen before.

not sure if that helps... :)

Hello,

Thanks guys for the help!

It is the one you mentioned, a 56 plate. I know that mine doesn't have a spare wheel on the back and have never seen one with one before, so was just curious when I saw this one....However, anchorman recons the early ones did have.....

Interested in anyone elses views/ideas? (bit of interesting triva for everyone!!!)

Regards....

:D

Damn, too slow on the draw again. :)

Only two "variants" of the XTR that I am aware of are "the earlier one" (that I have) and the 08- one... the earlier one is an XT4 minus the leather and the spare wheel / plus the tinted back windows. the 08 one adds the cruise control, bluetooth and different alloys.

I never saw one with a spare... But it will be long time before I challenge Anchs' expertise, so I must be wrong...

Wish my one had a spare.

Mine is a 57 plate and it definately doesn't have one.....

Be really interested to know for sure.....as always though that was part of the XTR edition (not to have spare wheel)

I like mine without, it makes it 'stand out more' and the door lighter.....

Thank you......that make two now!!! that I have heard about....

Still think they lovely without the wheel.....

Regards....

He's right - I do! And very smug I felt when I bought it, too. Mine is an 07 model but it had stood in the showroom for a while so not sure when it was manufactured/imported.

There were some issues with the early 4.3 cars, though. For example, I have had to have the injectors replaced, and I believe (but someone may correct me) that later models got modified injectors.

Yes mine has got modified injectors to stop excessive diesel knock and it worked. It is a different car now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links