Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Iq3

MD1

I'm getting my Decuma Grey iQ3 (manual) + Sports & Urban + leather (to be heated next week) tomorrow late PM and can't wait - I'll post pics once there's some daylight and the car is spotlessly clean ;-)

Looking forward to joining the iQ gang after being in the MINI gang for the past 5 and bit years!

MD

:thumbsup:

2days with my new iQ3 and I'm loving every minute, spent all day yesterday waxing and general detailing and changes to clear bulbs etc, fitting mudflaps etc - I've even got rear discs and not drums - is it a 2010 model?? Having front seats heated next week! Can't thank Sam @ Dingles Toyota Attleborough enough for all her help - not only with my iQ3 but also Kate's Aygo Black. Here are the results of my efforts!!

post-85865-1259353151_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353174_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353194_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353213_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353233_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353251_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353268_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353291_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353314_thumb.jpg

post-85865-1259353338_thumb.jpg

iQ3 with rear disc's? Result :thumbsup:

Great looking car, I really like it :thumbsup:

Cheers Reece, I'm really loving it and that's after a couple of years in a Cooper S!!

With extras you have (and the rear discs) that has to be the best iQ I’ve seen on here. How are you finding the Stop/Start? You will be amazed at how quickly the HOURS mount up (on the timer on your dash) that you have been saving fuel sat in traffic.

I know someone who has clocked up more than 8 hours in only 6 months and 3000 miles of normal driving.

Here is all the information you need on the new 1.33 engine and 6 speed box, read and enjoy...

Click

Wonder why in 2 months they have decided to put discs at the rear.

My Iq3 has discs at the front and drums at the rear.

Hmmm,

I was thinking it was another one of these country things but it appears not.

When did you both get your cars?

I want Discs at both ends :( (dont know why )

Hmmm,

Mine is october 09 LHD

maybe RHD have drums... :band:

If I was you MccLtd and had an IQ3 with discs/drums and found out that newer IQ3's are coming out with discs/discs then I'd be straight round to my Toyota dealer asking for some rear discs to be fitted free of charge...

But luckily I have a basic IQ and it has discs/discs :)

Let us know how you get on though, be interesting to hear what Toyota say to you.

Hmmm,

Mine is october 09 LHD

maybe RHD have drums... :band:

Mine is Nov 09 RHD! Even my salesperson was surprised to find it had discs at the rear! I'm not complaining!! Heated seats on Thursday!

My Iq3 has discs at the front and drums at the rear.

Salsadicto said (post named "salsadicto" :rolleyes: ) : In France we have disk brakes on all IQ because it goes with VSC+

I called up Toyota UK to ask why the IQ3 has Drum brakes at the rear and apparently its because it is a japanese spec car and all Jap cars generally have drum brakes at the rear.

I think braking performance is possibly reduced but having said that, drum brakes are cheaper to maintain according to my local mechanic.

But i'f i'm honest, i do find the brakes are generally quite poor on my IQ3 (and others i tried).

I think an after market upgrade may be required.

I called up Toyota UK to ask why the IQ3 has Drum brakes at the rear and apparently its because it is a japanese spec car and all Jap cars generally have drum brakes at the rear.

I think braking performance is possibly reduced but having said that, drum brakes are cheaper to maintain according to my local mechanic.

But i'f i'm honest, i do find the brakes are generally quite poor on my IQ3 (and others i tried).

I think an after market upgrade may be required.

Your fault because they are actually quit good compared to others.

Also spoke with Toyota gb today about mine having rear drums and others having rear discs. They just said it was an update to the cars now.

Also spoke with Toyota gb today about mine having rear drums and others having rear discs. They just said it was an update to the cars now.

Got my iq3 at beginning of sep. thankfully discs all round!!

Got my iq3 at beginning of sep. thankfully discs all round!!

Strange as mine was 1st week in september as well but with rear drums. Not fust thou the car still stops.

• 1 month later...
I'm getting my Decuma Grey iQ3 (manual) + Sports & Urban + leather (to be heated next week) tomorrow late PM and can't wait - I'll post pics once there's some daylight and the car is spotlessly clean ;-)

Looking forward to joining the iQ gang after being in the MINI gang for the past 5 and bit years!

MD

Heated Seats - I wanted those, where\ how are you getting them done and how much does it cost if you dont mind me asking

Salsadicto said (post named "salsadicto" :rolleyes: ) : In France we have disk brakes on all IQ because it goes with VSC+

VSC+ is standard here in Sweden too, but all IQ3s I have seen have drum brakes rear, so I guess it is not country specific but rather they added disc brakes all around from a certain point in the production.

More on topic : You will get a nice car that is fun to drive, you will also get a car with probably the absolute worst interior lights ever!