Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllppppppppppppppp!

Intro2

:huh::huh:

Hey, right here we go about a week ago i got caught and the fuel in my st202(import) reached almost empty anyways i filled up and no problems. The follownig day i was coming home and had the urge to boot it down the MWay (which i did! nice) and no problems but yesterday i picked up my partner from work and was on my way home, after coming off the Mway and onto normal roads when pulling away from a junction the car stutters until the revs get up and then kicks in ,the same thing happens when trying to pull away under power say in second sounds like a !Removed! diesel tank!. Initial thorghts were that crap had been sucked in from the tank when it run low so i treated it to some nice jet cleaning stuff in the petrol pulled out the garage after filling up and there was a performance gain but the problem is still there, down the MWay in 2nd 5k revs the car held back like being pushed from the front then kicked in again only to have the same thing happen at 6k revs and the clear again, sorted i thorght thats cleaned out the crap, but no!, the problem is still there even when still and idle ticks over at 1100rev and then drops and gets grumpy down to about 500revs?! now i know there are a few things this could be but anyone want to make a stab at this one before i start spending and as my little beasts MOT is due end of the month i don't want any mechanic telling me i need a new engine if you know what i mean.

p.s everything seems fine at high revs say pulling away and on the motoway.

Thanks

might be worth having a look at the plugs, dizzi cap & rotor arm, and leads. Also check fuel regulator (on fuel rail) make sure thats not clogged up (untighten it but dont remove, get someone to crank the engine but not to try n start as petrol will be leaking out everywhere if its not blocked) - could even try a new fuel filter.

Or, the timing could be out... off the top of me head thats about all i can think of without going into major detail.

good luck :thumbsup:

If the fuel filter makes no differance - check the fuel pump - normally under the back seat squab and is combined with the fuel gauge.

The fuel pump pick-up pipe has a "strainer" filter around it and often blocks up when you run the fuel right down - you will soon see if it is blocked when you lift the pump out of the tank.

:thumbsup:

I'm having a similar sort of problem with my 6G at the moment too. Plus MOT at end of month so starting to get worried. Thing is mine only really plays up when it's a cold start, otherwise it seems to run ok.

Main faults are revs dropping after letting off accelerator, and a low idle. All when cold.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Shortty

Well guys thanks for the replys .things are getting worst had a word with a local shop and the guy there said electrical / plugs dizzy etc so i will start there and thanks Mick didn't think about a fuel filter! DUH had the same problem with a fiat i once had and that was a filter! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links