Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lowest Mileage Achieved On A Tank

-Ub3R-

What's the lowest average mileage you've pulled in your Aygo?

I've yet to rag the car for an entire tank full and I don't have a scanguage so I'll wait till I've emptied this one to give you a number.

Also:

When you reach the last bar on the digital display it starts flashing instantly. I assume you can probs stretch it for another 100 miles.

Is there a really low fuel indicator? Like another light. Or beep or something?

last bar blinking won't take you 100 miles....

50-60 km maybe 10 more, but be prepared,for walking to the nearest gas station....

Did you read the manual for your car?

Mine describes the behaviour of this last bar:

The last bar never appears on its own without blinking.

When it starts blinking (and you hear the beep) there's

supposed to be about 5 liters left in the tank, then when

it starts blinking faster about 3 liters should be left.

There's also a warning that when blinking starts

you've got about 30 "safe" miles left...

I should note however that on the Dutch

forum mileage litterally varies per car...

I'm pretty sure the amounts from the manual are accurate

for my car, but I've also read of people who ran dry only

10mi after the first sound of the beep and blinking bar...

I have driven from Aberdeen to London and back twice using only a single tank of fuel each way.

This is an average of over 65mpg and worked out a lot cheaper than taking the train and also produced less CO2 than taking a plane!

I have a friend with a BMW M5 who has done the same journey using over twice the fuel and not taking much less time to do it.

The economy is what I like best about my Aygo. I love going to a petrol station just to top up my tyres and washer fluid and not having to bother with the petrol pumps.

Wifes Aygo Blue averaged 42mpg last tank. Best we have had in the 4000 miles we have owned the car is 51mpg. We bought a rev counter from Kingo to see if this would help us get better mileage. Didn't work really.

We changed a Clio 1.5dci for the Aygo. Not really a good move on our part. The Clio would do around 60mpg regardless of how we drove it.

This car is used as the run about of the house including a 22 mile commute down the M4 at just above legal speeds to doing the daily trips for the kids swimming lessons and gymnastics.

If i'am being totally honest i wish we had kept the Clio. Nicer drive, more umph even though it was only 65 bhp. All in all a nicer car.

In the new year we will be looking to out the Aygo for a more economical diesel.

Wifes Aygo Blue averaged 42mpg last tank. Best we have had in the 4000 miles we have owned the car is 51mpg. We bought a rev counter from Kingo to see if this would help us get better mileage. Didn't work really.

We changed a Clio 1.5dci for the Aygo. Not really a good move on our part. The Clio would do around 60mpg regardless of how we drove it.

This car is used as the run about of the house including a 22 mile commute down the M4 at just above legal speeds to doing the daily trips for the kids swimming lessons and gymnastics.

If i'am being totally honest i wish we had kept the Clio. Nicer drive, more umph even though it was only 65 bhp. All in all a nicer car.

In the new year we will be looking to out the Aygo for a more economical diesel.

Diesel's will always be superior to Petrols in MPG and emissions.

The Aygo is probably one of those cars that really doesn't live up to it's stated MPG.

To achieve that you'd have to drive the entire tank at 55 mph in 5th.

That seems to be the perfect speed for revs and distance travelled.

Another disappointed owner here.

Had Aygo Blue for just under 3 weeks, done the first 1,000 miles and my average is 51.5 mpg.

Exactly the same driving technique as my Peugeot 106 1.5D, 70mph indicated Reading to Newbury each day down M4, gentle driving off the M'way - no traffic jams. The Pug owned from 33K to 135K for 5 years returned 63MPG over the time I had it (sad git recorded ALL fuel used).

To rub salt into the wound there is no door switch on the front passenger door to turn the interior light on - bought one £14 from Pug dealer.

Bought a scan guage, that has just confirmed my disappointment. That can go back on eBay. But, it interesting reveals best economy in 5th on the motorway is 50-55 or 70. At 60 the economy is less than at 70-72.

Still looking forward to 3 years of trouble free driving but wish I'd gone for the Seat Ibiza Ecomotive Diesel instead.

im averaging 75mpg and i drive like i stole it. but since ive put an induction kit on it has reduced to 63mpg.

Sorry, but there is no way you are getting 75mpg out of the Aygo if you are "driving like i stole it".

I hope this is just a bit of humour on your part.

Hi, I've had my Aygo Platinum 4 months now and never had less than 50mpg, It has dropped off lately to 50 but that's down to the weather, last refill i left until last black bar blinked and worked out I had approx 5 litres left.

I do a mixture, well not a mixture to be truthful a lot of short runs, by short runs I mean 12 to 15 miles and then a few 40 mile round trips mainly on motorway.

Apart from a few cosmetic marks on plastic ( the dealer is fitting new interior lower door trim and air bag cover, I'm over the moon with it, love driving the car.

Agree with 02skn you will never get 70mpg, you can try and may get quite close on a long run, i believe they use special equipment in a controlled area, doing 39mph in fourth for so long etc. If you are concerned about it ,have a word with the dealer, I have found mine so far very good.

regards

johnhrh

274 miles on a tank which worked out at 39.42mpg. To be fair, I thinks the furthest journey was 5 miles!

Red I think you had better check your fuelly again 32.8 mpg. below is pasted straight from your fuelly

11/14/09 274.0 8.348 £4.08 32.8 Tesco.. Just seen the price!

Exactly the same driving technique as my Peugeot 106 1.5D

There's your problem. The Aygo has a petrol engine and needs to be driven as such. Petrol and diesel cars have different characteristics and need to be driven differently.

Diesel is a good fuel for cargo ships but not for jet-skis. :P

I'm surprised people went from a small diesel car to a petrol and then are surprised about the fuel economy and how it drives! It would have been better to go to the Citroen C1 diesel in that case or perhaps the VW Polo Bluemotion.

I small diesel car will always have more pulling power and fuel economy than the equivalent small petrol car. The petrol car will have better handling and be more sporty sounding though.

My car after 25000 miles does 52mpg on sensible runs, that's good enough for me. If I wanted to get 65-70 plus though I would have gone diesel.

Andy

Im not sure how much I get, ive never got round to working it out. But I usually put £15 in a week, and that takes me 150 miles

I think my Aygo averages around 46mpg, that includes driving through town, the countryside and having the heater on most days! lol. It does better in the summer when I don't have the heating on ;)

37 mile per f**king gallon. I don't thrash it rarely go above 70 god knows how you get up to 70 mpg.

How is it done? :unsure:

Have you notice there is a fifth gear and there are two positions for the handbrake?

3,3l/100km, about 70 mpg :yahoo::-)

• 3 weeks later...

Half a tank doing approximately 80 miles, so about 25mpg. This was in 2nd and 3rd gear trying to keep up with the likes of Caterhams and Elises on a thrash around Kent.

Andy

That's what I like to hear. :)

I know it's not a good thing. But who can resist racing just to hear that noise. :)

Especially since you have a new exhaust.

Getting mine tommorow. Will put videos up.

• 3 weeks later...

286 on a Tank and thats better than i get now mind you i did quite alot of motorway then now i get 250 i don't thrash it or anything and only do small journeys and some days dont use the car so a tank of petrol can last 2 months

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links