Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starlet 1.3 Na Performance Mods

starlet-na

hiya i have a starlet ep82 1.3 na at the moment i was wondering if anyone had any ideas what i could do to gain abit more performance out of the engine atm all i have done is a decat induction with cold air feed to front bumber advanced the timing 4 degrees and its was runing 102bhp at the flywheel before i altered the timing and that has made the engine a lot more torquey lower down any ideas would be great thanks

p.s i was thinking of doing a 4age engine swap to find owt when my friend bought one there was nothing in it wen there aparently surposed to be 136bhp.

thanks agen luke

Hi Luke,

Bit amazed you got that power from a 4efe, unless with it being a gli might be running the different ecu like the glanza S as normally the 4efe produces 74bhp

As for mods, the common ones are the corolla inlet manifold from the 4efe that they use, full exhaust etc.

Best way to get power is to go turbo, but it would be easier just to buy a GT.

Hi Luke,

Bit amazed you got that power from a 4efe, unless with it being a gli might be running the different ecu like the glanza S as normally the 4efe produces 74bhp

As for mods, the common ones are the corolla inlet manifold from the 4efe that they use, full exhaust etc.

Best way to get power is to go turbo, but it would be easier just to buy a GT.

and you be even more amazed that it atchuall has a 2ee lump init so its the 1.3 sohc 12v runing 102bhp bairing in mind its a import it is quite mad tho for example it eats saxo vtrs keeps up with the vts's and will have the fiesta zetec s's also had a 2ltr red top cavi at top end! easily goes off the clock no one understands why its soo quick me neither it seems to be all standard aswel its not camed. thanks for the advise but i wana stay n.a really preffer it dnt like the power being in one big lump maybe thottle bodys but then that would give 15 20 bhp if that.

just bin reading up they did a 3e which was a 1.5 version anyone a idea if this cam would fit in mine like the 4efe and 5efe does thanks luke.

• 2 months later...

if you wanna stay with the 4efe and you have already upgraded exhaust and intake system, the only other options to do is internet works,

higher compression

upgraded cams and gears

aftermarket ecu

slight bigger injectors

upgraded fuel pump

but thats gona cost you alot so easiest way is to get a 4age blacktop 20valve engine installed with upgraded exhaust and intake system, the car will go really faster than if the engine was in a levin because of the light weight body and you will be happy :D

• 2 months later...

I have a 75 bhp 4e-fe engine in my starlet. I want to give it a bit more power and torque and have decided to change the intake manifold with the corolla manifold as well as th ECU from the post 1997-modells corollas. My questions are: Is the corolla manifold and the ECU straight fit on the starlet engine? Is it easy to do? If anyone have done this I would be happy for any advise and info on how it has effected performance. I guess you could feel an 11 bhp increase in a light car as the starlet...

BTW, has anyone tried a performance exhaust manifold on a Nasp engine? If so, is i worth it without a turbo?

thanks for the help guy now decided to go down the route of a turbo getting a t15 of a transit van :) and running at about 7psi with a front mount mad motoring on a budget. And without the extra weight of a GT Turbo.

Thanks luke :yahoo:

Thats going to be a lot of work and cost, bearing in mind you cant just bolt a turbo on, you need the management to run it, as standard ecu cannot manage with the boost, and you will also have to up the fuelling, a better intake etc etc

A gt turbo engine barely weighs much more in the grand scheme of things, would be far easier to do plus has less chance of going BOOM like this has! A GT runs 6psi on low, 9 on high, so unstrengthened internals will blow!

• 3 years later...

got pretty much the same question here. Got a 1.5d starlet and wanted to swap a 5efe. And by mistake, I bought a 5afe. the 5efe is somwhat rare to find compared to a 4efe. So, once I get hold of the latter, mt intentions were

-corolla manifold

-4-1 exhaust manifold

-2 1/2 in exhaust all the way to the back

-skimming, polishing and porting of cyl head

-cone filter

-mapping ecu

what gains should I expect from above? assuming they will be an average of 8hp each, thats 122bhp, only 10 shy of a stock 4efte. And more than double that of the 1n!!!

Not after extraordinary performance, just want some fun for a semi-daily. Anything else I skipped? No intention of turbo