Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Cleaned Out All The Broken Glass From My Aygo

Lister2020

Now just the small matter of getting the stereo replaced!!!! THe insurance company are taking the mick with how long its been, going to call up on monday and cancel and get an overdraft and just replace the stereo myself, will save my no claims bonus.

Might upgrade the front Speakers while Im at it :D

It's probably none of my business but since you posted this on a public forum, I guess you must be canvassing peoples' opinions.

Are you sure that it is worth getting into debt just so that you can get a slightly better radio which will be a target for thieves again? I would recommend saving up for your new tunes. It's always much more fun and rewarding that way.

Now just the small matter of getting the stereo replaced!!!! THe insurance company are taking the mick with how long its been, going to call up on monday and cancel and get an overdraft and just replace the stereo myself, will save my no claims bonus.

Might upgrade the front speakers while Im at it :D

Better to wait until the insurance company pay out your claim rather than get yourself in debt.

If you cancel your insurance claim now, it could be investigated by the loss assesors to see if it was originally a genuine claim.

Either way...............good luck in getting it sorted :)

Well it's been nearly a month since it happened, not having a stereo is crap!!

I just kept the face of it in the glovebox but I've learned the hard way and in the future I will always bring the face of the stereo into the house with me.

Really it can be investigated? i was just going to say I am not happy about how long the claim has taken and that I would rather keep my no claims bonus. Seeing as the whole thing was reported to the police and they came out and saw the damage to the car and the missing stereo, I don't think I need to worry about them saying it was a fake claim.

A couple of hundred pound that I can pay off in 2 months or so I wouldn't really consider debt.

A good solution would be being able to take the guts out of the standard stereo and replacing it with a good aftermarket unit, so you could have the stock look but decent sounds.

Anyone on the forum up to the challenge?

A good solution would be being able to take the guts out of the standard stereo and replacing

it with a good aftermarket unit, so you could have the stock look but decent sounds.

Actually the OEM radio is somewhat modular, so it would "just" be a matter

of finding a compatible main unit to use with the display/controls in the fascia.

The fascia is held on by two screws and several clicks, when removed there's a

metal bracket affixed to the main unit with about 6 screws. Removing the bracket

leaves you with a standard-sized boxy radio.

If you could find a radio with the same electric connectors and protocol with

the CD-slot in the same location it MIGHT just work. But this could also be a standard

unit that can be provided with several different fascias for OEM-applications.

Unfortunately the several divisions of Panasonic I've found and emailed haven't

responded to any of my emails and service centers give me the brush off that

they don't do OEM, even if it IS a Panasonic and they do do Panasonics...

Very frustrating as I'd really need a new display-unit (just the LCD-panel) for the OEM

radio I'm experimenting with; I broke the glass when cramping up during a sneeze :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links