Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Panel Air Filter

matt@theforce

Having performed an oil change yesterday I now want to look at replacing the current air filter, it was replaced at it's last service in March of this year but the service was carried out by a non-main dealer and therefore I don't imagine the air filter to be OEM, it's extremly fluffy and when placed in front of a fan doesn't let a great deal of air through.

I've always run performance panel air filters (all cars being turbo'd) as I don't want alot of extra noise and I also want to keep as much cold air as possible entering the intake system so have always shy'd away from induction kits. Are Panel filters worth their money on naturally aspirated engines?

I also appreciate that different filters also have different results Paper/Cotton Gauze/Foam, so which are the better for the 2l petrol vvti?

Thanks

Matthew

Having performed an oil change yesterday I now want to look at replacing the current air filter, it was replaced at it's last service in March of this year but the service was carried out by a non-main dealer and therefore I don't imagine the air filter to be OEM, it's extremly fluffy and when placed in front of a fan doesn't let a great deal of air through.

I've always run performance panel air filters (all cars being turbo'd) as I don't want alot of extra noise and I also want to keep as much cold air as possible entering the intake system so have always shy'd away from induction kits. Are Panel filters worth their money on naturally aspirated engines?

I also appreciate that different filters also have different results Paper/Cotton Gauze/Foam, so which are the better for the 2l petrol vvti?

Thanks

Matthew

Hi MATTHEW,

Am in possession of two for a Rav 4.3 (2.2 Diesel) and haven't a clue if would fit your car. If it does will let you have one at knock down £, with cash going to seasonal Cash for Kids charity run by local radio station.

In honesty, I thought there was a minimal uplift in performance, which might have been imaginary. After acquiring the now famed Kingo Chip Kit,from Mereside in Wakefield, and getting both performance and mpg benefits, I found the wee bit extra turbo whistle slightly annoying, so reverted to standard at no detriment to new found performance.

PM me if you find that air filters are correct for your 4.2 housing. £20.00 for immaculate hardly used one / £15.00 for one that's done 12K and now due a clean and oil recharge.

Regards,

Big Kev.

Thanks

Matthew

Hi MATTHEW,

Am in possession of two for a Rav 4.3 (2.2 Diesel) and haven't a clue if would fit your car. If it does will let you have one at knock down £, with cash going to seasonal Cash for Kids charity run by local radio station.

In honesty, I thought there was a minimal uplift in performance, which might have been imaginary. After acquiring the now famed Kingo Chip Kit,from Mereside in Wakefield, and getting both performance and mpg benefits, I found the wee bit extra turbo whistle slightly annoying, so reverted to standard at no detriment to new found performance.

PM me if you find that air filters are correct for your 4.2 housing. £20.00 for immaculate hardly used one / £15.00 for one that's done 12K and now due a clean and oil recharge.

Regards,

Big Kev.

Suppose it would have helped if I had mentioned they are both K & N's ? :ffs:

kev.

Thanks

Matthew

Hi MATTHEW,

Regards,

Big Kev.

Suppose it would have helped if I had mentioned they are both K & N's ? :ffs:

kev.

Kev,

I'm sure the petrol and diesel are different, (certainly on the 4.2 they are).

Will keep looking.

I don't expect to get any performance gain as such just a crisper throttle response and hopefully it will feel less asthmatic

Thanks

Matthew

I'm afraid that 4.3 filters are very different from 4.2s. Might find some photos later.........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links