Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is The Hazard Switch Supposed To Be Illuminated At Night

mark.wallace@mawallace1.d

While driving at night last night I noticed that, while the rear window heater switch was illuminated at night, the hazard light switch was night.

I cannot remember if this has been the case since I owned the car or not!

Two questions:-

a. Should it be illuminated when I turn my lights on?

b. Is it easy to replace the bulb if not?

a. If it's the same as my 2001 Avensis, then yes it should light up red.

b. I don't know for sure but I can't see it being that hard. Just whip out the centre console.

Thanks for replying. could someone tell me what the bulb should be so I can go and buy a new one?

.....on my car,2003 reg,the hazard light is illuminated when turning lights on.I don't know if you can change the bulb only.On my previous car,I changed the switch.

Yes it's suppose to be lit up but you'd probably be easier replacing the switch rather that the bulb. Years ago I had a car with electric window switches which didn't light up. I stripped the switches down and soldered new 1.2 watt bulbs into each. However I suspect that the original bulbs were of a lower wattage 'cos the lights were all very bright. They only lasted a couple of months. try a breaker and change the unit in under a minute.

Yes it's suppose to be lit up but you'd probably be easier replacing the switch rather that the bulb. Years ago I had a car with electric window switches which didn't light up. I stripped the switches down and soldered new 1.2 watt bulbs into each. However I suspect that the original bulbs were of a lower wattage 'cos the lights were all very bright. They only lasted a couple of months. try a breaker and change the unit in under a minute.

How do you get the fascia panel off to get to the switch? I thought that it was a case of "pulling" the panel but it seems to be tight? Where abouts are the retaining clips?