Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Search !

licksrpm

the search goes on i can not seem to find suspenions kits for celica gt4 in the st205 model bc coilovers i have been told to avoid go for £650 n then tein are 1700 is there none inbetween or anyworth while without brakin the bank

I wouldn't say the BC coilovers should be avoided, quite a few people run them. TRD can be got through Fensport, not sure if D2 ones are available.

I would just say that if you are using the car 95% of the time on the road then you may not like any make of coilovers as UK roads are crap, seriously if you get the chance drive a car equipped with coilovers to see if you can bear it.

I wouldn't say the BC coilovers should be avoided, quite a few people run them. TRD can be got through Fensport, not sure if D2 ones are available.

I would just say that if you are using the car 95% of the time on the road then you may not like any make of coilovers as UK roads are crap, seriously if you get the chance drive a car equipped with coilovers to see if you can bear it.

oh rite i appreciate the quick response and i spoke to tim from tbdevelopments who it would seem is not a fan lol . so you think a trd kit worth looking at ?

and cheers i new they would be firm but didnt think it would be unbearable i will have to look for those i can only find the two i spoke of but tha gap in price isnt a nice one cheers for the help please reply if thats ok

The ones that I know of:

Tein

TRD

BC

Im sure theres a make called D2 but not sure if they make them for the st205.

Whiteline but again don't know if they make them for the car.

TBH the TRD's are expensive aswell but at the end of the day I supposse you get what you pay for.

The Tein ones have the option of incar adjustability aswell but its an expensive add on.

Are you planning on using the car alot on track??

Have you looked at uprated shocks and springs instead?? Ok they can't be tweaked like coilovers but much easier to live with if the car is used mainly on the road.

Yeh i have d2 suspension on mine and i have heard they are made in the same place as bc coilovers.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/D2-Adjustable-Suspe...103163001r19614

ubik me they are 440 quid, cost me 600!! Yeh i must say like before they are rock hard i wouldn't get them and ive got them. I'd take note of what paul is saying they arent great for british roads unless very smooth. Any bump is like the end of the world.

Mike

Yeh i have d2 suspension on mine and i have heard they are made in the same place as bc coilovers.

ubik me they are 440 quid, cost me 600!! Yeh i must say like before they are rock hard i wouldn't get them and ive got them. I'd take note of what paul is saying they arent great for british roads unless very smooth. Any bump is like the end of the world.

Mike

i have been thinking that my self i dont want a totaly solid ride but im lookin to upgrade where i can in doest have to be coilovers but better dampers springs etc im goin to check a few places from a jap mag iv been looking through fingers crossed

Mike

i have been thinking that my self i dont want a totaly solid ride but im lookin to upgrade where i can in doest have to be coilovers but better dampers springs etc im goin to check a few places from a jap mag iv been looking through fingers crossed

im really debating on getin new stock dampers etc unless theres just upgraded shocks i can get to take lowering springs i dont like lowering springs realy but im not spending 2000 on suspension and ideas lads please help im struggling now

Tein springs lower by around 37mm, Ive got the TRD's which are 25mm. I wouldn't go any lower than what the Teins do. I find 25mm is plenty low enough tbh.

Alot of people run the KYB uprated shocks with either TRD or Tein springs, its a great combination for road use. If Im being honest it is a bit too soft for hard track use but I probably do 2 track days a year so it doesn't really bother me. But this is the compromize you have to make if building a car for both road and track.

Are you planning on doing alot of track days??

If not then I would suggest KYB shocks, TRD springs, TRD top mounts, whiteline rear anti roll bar and powerflex bushes all round. This will work out cheaper than a set of coilovers, you will get some adjustment with the ARB and also the shockers if you get the damping adjustable ones and its not going to be a bone shakingly hard ride.

Tein springs lower by around 37mm, Ive got the TRD's which are 25mm. I wouldn't go any lower than what the Teins do. I find 25mm is plenty low enough tbh.

Alot of people run the KYB uprated shocks with either TRD or Tein springs, its a great combination for road use. If Im being honest it is a bit too soft for hard track use but I probably do 2 track days a year so it doesn't really bother me. But this is the compromize you have to make if building a car for both road and track.

If not then I would suggest KYB shocks, TRD springs, TRD top mounts, whiteline rear anti roll bar and powerflex bushes all round. This will work out cheaper than a set of coilovers, you will get some adjustment with the ARB and also the shockers if you get the damping adjustable ones and its not going to be a bone shakingly hard ride.

yes that is kind of wat im looking for because if i go to track days etc it is minimul but its like a slight upgrade but i no how spring normly just make shocks leak if i could get upgrade shocks for springs thats what id go for it seems hardly any one makes these . and also i found a kit for st202 for over a grand less than my st205 why is that ? alot of money this

yes that is kind of wat im looking for because if i go to track days etc it is minimul but its like a slight upgrade but i no how spring normly just make shocks leak if i could get upgrade shocks for springs thats what id go for it seems hardly any one makes these . and also i found a kit for st202 for over a grand less than my st205 why is that ? alot of money this

i have wrote to kyb awaiting responce if no reply in a few days il get on the dog n bone are there shocks upto lowering springs ye ?

Ive had no problems with lowering springs on uprated shocks. I rang Sutton Auto Factors about the KYB's and ordered them over the phone.

the st205 kits are more expensive as its a different spring rate plus its also got the super strut.

Ive had no problems with lowering springs on uprated shocks. I rang Sutton Auto Factors about the KYB's and ordered them over the phone.

the st205 kits are more expensive as its a different spring rate plus its also got the super strut.

would you be able to get me alink for there site because i wrote the kyb europe and they said they have nothin for more than a 35mm drop and i mean i cant find uprated shocks or a mild lowering springs im lost now so many places iv looked ! also im not after a big drop just nice an subtle but i have only seen trd springs around 40mm

Shocks from here:

http://www.autospares-group.co.uk/shock-absorbers.php

I have the Excel G's, 2nd pic down. Ring them up and ask for a set for a ST205.

Part numbers are:

331019 Left Front

331019 Right Front

334128 Left Rear

334127 Right Rear

Cost me £346.17 delivered including VAT.

TRD lowering springs from Fennies:

http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm

Can't link directly but go to the st205 section, then chassis tuning and then its about the 6th pic down the page, under lowering springs, they've gone up a bit now though!!

Shocks from here:

http://www.autospares-group.co.uk/shock-absorbers.php

I have the Excel G's, 2nd pic down. Ring them up and ask for a set for a ST205.

Part numbers are:

331019 Left Front

331019 Right Front

334128 Left Rear

334127 Right Rear

Cost me £346.17 delivered including VAT.

TRD lowering springs from Fennies:

http://www.fensport.co.uk/parts.htm

Can't link directly but go to the st205 section, then chassis tuning and then its about the 6th pic down the page, under lowering springs, they've gone up a bit now though!!

spot on mate i took a look ad will get hold of them asap cheers mate i owe you !!