Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Water-tight Is Your Corolla

EchoRange

So I got into my car this morning only to find the INSIDE of the windscreen frozen, as long as the outside. My car never normally mists up in the morning, so I was a little annoyed to put it in a timid sense.

Does anyone know of likey places where water is likey to get in around the seals, or ways to prevent this? It's only done it today and a really cold morning

(I am used to cars misting up as my last car was an MX-5 with a hole in the roof, but this took me completly by surprise!)

So I got into my car this morning only to find the INSIDE of the windscreen frozen, as long as the outside. My car never normally mists up in the morning, so I was a little annoyed to put it in a timid sense.

Does anyone know of likey places where water is likey to get in around the seals, or ways to prevent this? It's only done it today and a really cold morning

(I am used to cars misting up as my last car was an MX-5 with a hole in the roof, but this took me completly by surprise!)

Nothing to worry at all. It is normal after a rainy day. It rained by the tons yesterday & the inside was undoubtedly damp (like mine) :lol: Today is going to be a dryish cold day B) so leave your windows slightly open & allow that damp to evaporate.

This thread means i dont need to start a new one, but after the bad weather last week i got home to notice i had water leaking from the rear drivers side... upon investigating i found that the spare wheel dock was full to the brim!!! I was quite suprised by the but simply pulled the plugs out and watch the water drain... but now it seems to be doing it quite a bit... anyone else got this???

LAA, I will double check the windows, but I didn't have them down yesterday.

Molvees, I'll open the windows a little bit later on as it looks like it's going to bucket down here again.

Rolla, the first thing I did when I got to work was look in the boot. No water to report, but as it's officially rubbish weather now, I'll keep an eye on it.

Thank you guys!

This thread means i dont need to start a new one, but after the bad weather last week i got home to notice i had water leaking from the rear drivers side... upon investigating i found that the spare wheel dock was full to the brim!!! I was quite suprised by the but simply pulled the plugs out and watch the water drain... but now it seems to be doing it quite a bit... anyone else got this???

Try ur back lights to see if they are on tight. I had the same problem and was solved by thighting up the 3 screws on my drivers side tail lights which which were very loose.

Nothing to worry at all. It is normal after a rainy day. It rained by the tons yesterday & the inside was undoubtedly damp (like mine) :lol: Today is going to be a dryish cold day B) so leave your windows slightly open & allow that damp to evaporate.

I have to say that i have never ever experienced this, Normal is not how i would describe it.

Frozen on the inside would indicate to me water ingress somewhere ...... Obvious YES ;)

Try ur back lights to see if they are on tight. I had the same problem and was solved by thighting up the 3 screws on my drivers side tail lights which which were very loose.

I'll check that out, as in the past ive had subs in the boot! :rolleyes:

I have no leak at the rear but i do have one on drivers side front. Woke up one morning last year to see my footwell completly flooded. At first the arch guard was missing so i though the wheel was flicking water up into the grommit but after fitting i still noticed water trickling in.

Used a hose on the front windscreen and after a while you can see the water trickling down behind the rubber mat under the carpet & behind the pedals. To this date i still havent found the leak, next summer the wing is coming off to inspect.

So id check the front footwells i.e taking the carpet up & take a peek :thumbsup:

Frozen on the inside would indicate to me water ingress somewhere ...... Obvious YES ;)

I don't think it necessarily means water ingress. It might have been freak conditions causing, say, serious condensation on the inside of the windscreen to then freeze. I have certainly had a frozen screen on the inside myself once or twice in the past but never had trouble with water coming in where it shouldn't. Just a (positive) thought :thumbsup:

I don't think it necessarily means water ingress. It might have been freak conditions causing, say, serious condensation on the inside of the windscreen to then freeze. I have certainly had a frozen screen on the inside myself once or twice in the past but never had trouble with water coming in where it shouldn't. Just a (positive) thought :thumbsup:

Agreed. I have never experienced leakages or wet carpets or any indication of leaks yet i see the odd freezing on the inside front plus back screens. My Door/window/boot seals are good so i am beginning to wonder if i do have a problem elsewhere.

I had this problem on my previous corolla, I found it was because I had been using the recirculate air button (the car with the curled arrow in it) and it was causing the inside of the windscreen to freeze in winter, stopped using it and it went after a few drives.

I had this problem on my previous corolla, I found it was because I had been using the recirculate air button (the car with the curled arrow in it) and it was causing the inside of the windscreen to freeze in winter, stopped using it and it went after a few drives.

Never good to use the recirculate for to long as it causes the car to mist up a lot which will cause condensation which in turn will freeze. I only tend to use recurculate for short periods when I am behind something old blowing a lot of poisonous gases

iv had that when i first bought my corollla had to replace the boot seal well so toyota said but theres still a slight bit of water getting there :(

iv had that when i first bought my corollla had to replace the boot seal well so toyota said but theres still a slight bit of water getting there :(

As pointed out in this thread before... check if your tail lights are screwed down cause water can get in through there :thumbsup:

As pointed out in this thread before... check if your tail lights are screwed down cause water can get in through there :thumbsup:

When I first got my 99 liftback I noticed water in the space where the tool roll is stored. The water was getting in behind the lights.

What I did was to seal the gap between the light lenses and bodywork with clear silicone sealant. Doesn't look too nice but killed the problem dead.

Now I just need to find out how water seems to collect in the tailgate, after heavy rain. You can really hear it sloshing around if you lift up tailgate.

Seems to run out from under the window seal in the fully open position.

Did ya check it, was this the problem??

• 2 weeks later...

Just for info, i took my rear wiper motor off the other day and found the rubber seal below the wiper arm had split and there was alot of moisture inside the boot. Worth checking if it happens to you :)

• 1 month later...

I used to own an 02 plate toyota corolla..I cant remember which model but it was a 1.4 petrol with leather, AC and all that. I went to the car one morning to find a massive puddle in my front passenger footwell (litterally!). The whole of the windscreen pillar was soaking wet. I got my windscreen resealed and it continued to do it so went to Toyota who got all technical with a hose pouring session over the roof....'Yes you have a leak sir'. Would you believe it they couldn't help me?!!! They told me to get my window resealed!!!

So after using super glue, trying to stick wire coat hangers down alsorts of holes I never found out what was causing the problem! I part-exd it on a hot summers day :-)

• 1 month later...

Noticed a damp patch under the rear on my T-Sport, thought it was petrol at first.

Sniffed it and luckily it was water, but then investigated in the boot space and the spare wheel well had a few inches of water.

Grrrrrrr.

Let most of it out by undoing prising out the 2 plastic drain covers.

Will do a hose test on Sunday. Fingers are crossed I find the problem.

Noticed a damp patch under the rear on my T-Sport, thought it was petrol at first.

Sniffed it and luckily it was water, but then investigated in the boot space and the spare wheel well had a few inches of water.

Grrrrrrr.

Let most of it out by undoing prising out the 2 plastic drain covers.

Will do a hose test on Sunday. Fingers are crossed I find the problem.

Did a hose test and couldn't get any water to come in.

Hoping it was just related to the snow and really cold weather maybe expanding a seal which is now working fine.

Onwards to the summer.

mine was like this before xmas a couple of times... but it was -3 this morning when i started and not a drop of ice on thr inside of my windscreen so quite satisfied its gone.