Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Box Problem Avensis D-cat

ruizink

Hello,

I have a problem with my 2007 Avensis d-cat. In the morning i have difficulty in taking out the first gear and put it in second, this occur just in the morning and after a few miles it is all ok. The best of this is that the toyota delar tell me that the car is ok. I don't buy it!!! :angry: I think that the clutch plate or the cabel's are worn out. If someony know what the problem is please inform :unsure:

Thanks

Hello,

I have a problem with my 2007 Avensis d-cat. In the morning i have difficulty in taking out the first gear and put it in second, this occur just in the morning and after a few miles it is all ok. The best of this is that the toyota delar tell me that the car is ok. I don't buy it!!! :angry: I think that the clutch plate or the cabel's are worn out. If someony know what the problem is please inform :unsure:

Thanks

Change the gearbox oil, that sould help.

How much kilometers you have on that car?

Hello,

Thanks

hello

its the gearbox oil,either its level is low and needs topping up or somebody put the wrong oil type in recently!!!...would ask a local mechanic rather than dealer to do it..do not worry,but get it done soon as possible..had same problem with mine

Hello,

Thanks

Change the gearbox oil, that sould help.

How much kilometers you have on that car?

My car is now with 45 000 Km, and went to the delar for the maintenance, and the problem was spoken!!!! So I would like to think they sort this out by changing de oil in the gear box!!!

I would still apreciated that the club member continue posting other pssivel solution to this problem our if the have the same problem how they resolve it!!

Best regards :)

toyota released special gearbox oil for this problem of stiff/tight gearchanges for the avensis/auris d-cat 6speed boxes

toyota released special gearbox oil for this problem of stiff/tight gearchanges for the avensis/auris d-cat 6speed boxes

Hello,

I get it, that i should change the gear box oil!!! know if you could tell me the ref. for the oil to see where i'm going to buy it.??

cheers

Hello,

I get it, that i should change the gear box oil!!! know if you could tell me the ref. for the oil to see where i'm going to buy it.??

cheers

LV75 gear oil.

Mart.

Hi,

Please give me more data for that oil! becouse I form Portugal so if you can please give the brand of the oil ??? and if possivel the viscosity??

currently havening the same problem when starting on a cold morning comeing out of first gear is stiff going in to second is grand then third is stiff .after 3 or 4 mins its ok.car is booked in to MR T in the morning for full service they said they will have a look at it .its a 1.8 t3x 2003 new shape will report back tomorrow .

hello Gavin,

I see that are a few ppl that have this problem, as you can see the solution for some was changing the gear oil!!!

After I sent again to Mr T after the maintenance i hope to be better but i didn't try it yeat, but next thursday i will give you a report all so !!!

On day you went to colect your car, if you can ask what they done on the car to see what they tell you??? And what is the reason to that prob.

Best regard, I hope the can fix you car

hello Gavin,

I see that are a few ppl that have this problem, as you can see the solution for some was changing the gear oil!!!

After I sent again to Mr T after the maintenance i hope to be better but i didn't try it yeat, but next thursday i will give you a report all so !!!

On day you went to colect your car, if you can ask what they done on the car to see what they tell you??? And what is the reason to that prob.

Best regard, I hope the can fix you car

hi ruizink left car in for full service with mr t.replaced gear oil they said it was manky.feels like a new gear box 100 per cent better.after leaving the car in about an hour later i got a phone call saying that i have a creaking clutch which i all ready knew about mr t been mr t said they can replace the clutch master cylinder for 220 euro .i told them i live with the squeak .

oil ,air,and plugs

checked lights and levels

adjusted hand brake

checked and cleaned brakes

cleaned out washer jets

replaced gear oil

rotated wheels and balanced

hover and washed

grand total 296 euro .gear box feels so smooth now. :D

hello Gavin,

I would be very greatfull if ypu could tell me what it was the specification of the oil put in the gear box!!!! I will be waitting for you reply.

It is nice to know that the prob can be solve with change of the oil.

Chears

hello Gavin,

I would be very greatfull if ypu could tell me what it was the specification of the oil put in the gear box!!!! I will be waitting for you reply.

It is nice to know that the prob can be solve with change of the oil.

Chears

[/quote

HI ruizink dug out the invoice from toyota it does not say the specification the gear oil was sorry mate .just ring toyota and ask them .sory for been of no help

Hello,

Thanks

I had same problem with my 2.2 Avensis, it's not matter of gearbox oil or clutch plate or whatsoever, the gear lever must be adjusted by Toyota service and car will surely run perfectly from start up even at low temp. When this problem occured to my car they told me second speed gear has to be replaced, I did not believe and insisted to give a deep look to adjustment of lever and I was right.

This mornig temperature was -2°C, my car is parked outdoor and all the gear was performing pretty well!Bye

Hello,

Thanks

I had same problem with my 2.2 Avensis, it's not matter of gearbox oil or clutch plate or whatsoever, the gear lever must be adjusted by Toyota service and car will surely run perfectly from start up even at low temp. When this problem occured to my car they told me second speed gear has to be replaced, I did not believe and insisted to give a deep look to adjustment of lever and I was right.

This mornig temperature was -2°C, my car is parked outdoor and all the gear was performing pretty well!Bye

read my post right i never said clutch plate had any thing to do with gears sticking :censor: what are u talking about here. the gear lever must be adjusted by Toyota service.minus 3 here in dublin car started fine and slid out of first a gear oil change sorted my problem out. :yahoo: