Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent! Need Help With Headlights.

TheDude

Hello!

Here's the deal and I hope to receive a reply fast as i need to do it in the next 2hours.

Both of my headlights on Aygo just went out all of a sudden and i tried replacing the bulbs. But it seems hard and i don't want to rip out all the wires. I opened my manual and it was supposed to be on the page 291 but my manual only has 256 pages.... AWESOME!

so the headlight bulb seems to be attached with some kind of rubber on the inside and i can't seem to pull it out. i pulled the rubber down and the bulb is moving inside if i pull the rubber but if i pull it hard it won't come out and because there are wires attached to it i'm scared i'll just rip everything out. i tried google and everything but there just isn't anything i could find on changing the headlight bulbs on Aygo.

Help please!

Please tell me you checked all the fuses first?

If one bulb goes, think bulb. If they both stop at once it must be another cause ie Fuse.

You could also check the other lights are all working/not working.

If you do need to change the bulds you will probably find a metal spring clip holding the bulb in place that will need to be unclipped first.

everything else is working allright, the lights went out in a span of 2 days, sorry for not mentioning that. it's the bulbs 100% and i'll check for a metal spring tho i didn't spot anything that would resemble a spring of any sort around the light.

Take a look at http://autorepair.about.com/od/fixityourse...e_replace_3.htm

Also http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/...catalogId=10001

Around the rim of the bracket the bulb fits into is a little hook, the loop on the wire will just clip under it. This just makes sure the bulb doesn't fallout and is seated correctly.

I changed the bulbs on my Aygo to something brighter, and that took me a while, its very difficult to do because you cant see what your working with - its all very compact under there. A mirror and small fingers will come in useful lol. Also everythings tight, when I was unplugging stuff it felt like I was going to break it!

Can't use internet for private use during the day ATM, but for someone else this still might be handy:

H4.jpg

These pics were shot from an extra headlamp I have, after removing the plug and rubber grommet...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links