Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Service?

Birddy

My Car was Purchased in march 09. 09 plate car. when is my first service due and how do i go about it??

Any feedback would be greatfuly recived,

Many thanks

Birddy

My Car was Purchased in march 09. 09 plate car. when is my first service due and how do i go about it??

Any feedback would be greatfuly recived,

Many thanks

Birddy

I think your first service due one year or 6000 miles whichever is earlier?

And depending on how you purchased your car, you can either call your local dealer to book the service, or go to other garage for it.

It is is 10K (miles) or 12 months - whichever occurs first.

Just check your service booklet as that will tell you ;) If it is your first service, then (IIRC) prevailing opinion is to keep the factory fill oil in until first change (IE: not to change the oil/filter too early) as there are dedicated cutting agents etc. that help run the engine in on 'new' cars. After that, pretty much up to you when you do the oil/filter changes.

I am one for sooner (rather than later) oil changes - but on the Aygo, I'm going to stick to the factory intervals as to change it sooner seems pointless to me.

The first service is 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first.

My Toyota dealer charges 89 pounds (£).

It's only an oil and oil filter change...

...and a visual check on brakes, lights and steering.

BUT IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET IT BOOKED IN ON TIME WITH AN AUTHORISED

TOYOTA DEALER SO AS NOT TO INVALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY.

Also remember that facelifted Aygos have fully synthetic oil (0W20?) as factory fill. You should be asking your Dealer to fill with a fully synthetic oil at the minimum, rather than a semi-synthetic oil which they are more than likely to do.

• 1 month later...

Fist service due , as nearly 10,000 miles , contacted Toy dealer they quoted £148 for first sevice! what do they do for that? or can i go to a local garage or must it be a reconised toyota one?

thanks

Fist service due , as nearly 10,000 miles , contacted Toy dealer they quoted £148 for first sevice! what do they do for that?

Ridiculous cost isn't it? Especially when you consider BMW Main Dealers offer an 'Oil Service' (albeit for 4 CYL cars) for £115 (ALL inc.) - part of the reason why I bought a Toyota GB Service Pack for our Aygo. Can't be doing with finding the best deal on service every time it falls due.

Fist service due , as nearly 10,000 miles , contacted Toy dealer they quoted £148 for first sevice! what do they do for that?

Ridiculous cost isn't it? Especially when you consider BMW Main Dealers offer an 'Oil Service' (albeit for 4 CYL cars) for £115 (ALL inc.) - part of the reason why I bought a Toyota GB Service Pack for our Aygo. Can't be doing with finding the best deal on service every time it falls due.

just had our 10K service on our aygo black and it was £86 at a main dealer! :D

Ours is to be done on Friday - £104. This excludes the pollen filter - after three years it is probably due, for what they are asking for it to be changed as part of the service I'll be doing it myself!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links