Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Up Oil

panther1

I’d be surprised and maybe a little concerned if you needed to top up a new car with oil, unless it’s a 1.8 petrol version.

Your oil level shouldn’t drop between services.

Hi all,

When i collected my iQ in march 09 my dealer gave me a 1litre top up bottle(10/40w).

Which has sat in my shed since then.I'm now on 8850miles.... B)

HAS ANY BODY PURCHASED ANY 0W-20 ENGINE OIL YET AS MY MAIN DEALER DOSE NOT STOCK ANY OIL FOR THE IQ YET

I have tried many differnet motor shops, nobody has any. Tried at the best motor factors in my area (been there nearly 40 years and all traders i know shop there, i always have) They do everything and could always get anything next day. Anyway, spoke to owner and he said " what on earth do you need water thin oil for???? " Told him new toyotas use it. He said nobody has ever asked for it before. Anyway, he cant get it. Toyota dealer didnt have either :( The manual warns use 5/30 for no more than 1 service interval due to possible damge of the stop start system. I bet when we pay to get it serviced they use 5w30!!!! I got angry at this point! :angry: I am going to insist when its serviced to see the oil before it goes in and get them to buy extra in so i can have a topup bottle. You can get it off eBay. About £30 for a couple of litre though!!!!!!

Mr Dave, i am shocked the 1 litre uses old fashioned 10w40. I dont believe that for one second, bet they never read the manual either!

Reece, i read somewhere in the maunal that its normal for oil to be burned quite quick while its running in. Mine is about 20%down from full mark (0%being low mark, 100% being high mark) Only done 1300 miles. Ok, it will last until oil change but i am the sort of person that always drives with everything full all the time and i check everything weekly. Its so annoying i cant top up the oil!

Try here:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-650-0w-20.aspx

Also you say you want to top up your oil but cant, but you can, because you admitted its on eBay and I have just found some from someone who is well known throughout modified/owners club car websites.

From a post of his on another website

Make sure you are registered as a club member here to get your club discount of at least 10%. https://www.opieoils.co.uk/createaccount-short.aspx

Toyota Owners Club is listed.

Hope this helps.

HAS ANY BODY PURCHASED ANY 0W-20 ENGINE OIL YET AS MY MAIN DEALER DOSE NOT STOCK ANY OIL FOR THE IQ YET

Trawled the net and found yeomans Toyota. The website said they sell everything for current toyota cars so mailed them. This was the number and price 08880-82653 5LTR AND IS £72.19 INC VAT. Not too bad on price compared to other manufacturers. At least i can now make sure my dealer orders this for me for my service.

i bought a 1 litre 0-20 top up bottle direct from a toyota dealer. £15. they had to order it in but it took only a few days. haven't used it yet and the car's done 1400miles.