Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centralized Door Locking

bilmuche

You can press the key fob or press the button on the door handle.

I appreciate the energy time and stress it involves in locking your car door by pressing a button, I feel your pain.

I believe Toyota is working on a new technology of Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) whereby you just have to ‘think’ about locking your doors and they will lock by themselves.

It will be similar principle for drivers who are unable to use windscreen wipers or headlights in the way they turn themselves on in the rain and when it’s dark.

groan.gif

Do you mean locking during driving? (closing all doors after starting the car and over a speed of 5 km/h)

Or after leaving the car?

Side doors , trunk "door" or all three?

Do you have the key-version or the "key-less-version" (stop and go) for your iQ? There are different iQ option/standard packages across Europe!

;)

You can press the key fob or press the button on the door handle.

I appreciate the energy time and stress it involves in locking your car door by pressing a button, I feel your pain.

I believe Toyota is working on a new technology of Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) whereby you just have to ‘think’ about locking your doors and they will lock by themselves.

It will be similar principle for drivers who are unable to use windscreen wipers or headlights in the way they turn themselves on in the rain and when it’s dark.

groan.gif

lol! :lol:

Closing all doors after starting the car and over a speed of 5 km/h ... like a RENAULT ! :D

exactly :D

Sorry I thought you meant from OUTSIDE!! :!Removed!:

Dealer should be able to programme that for you :thumbsup:

from what i was reading a while ago its a programmable option if you have the iq car alarm option.

I'm also looking into a way of doing it.

My boyfriends Subaru locks all the doors when you first brake which i quite like, as this happens by the time we leave the drive. I wish i could have this too.

Is the car alarm an actual option or standard? As i didn't specify it but I have an alarm. One of my friends wanted to look inside my car and I had locked it. They tugged on the door handle a couple of times and it went off! I was so surprised that I actually had one!

From turning on ignition, the first time you brake it locks all the doors.

They dont unlock until ignition is switched off or driver opens their door. You can manually unlock them though

From turning on ignition, the first time you brake it locks all the doors.

They dont unlock until ignition is switched off or driver opens their door. You can manually unlock them though

yes I know

but I don'k know how to do it on iQ...

only 1 lock at first brake!!

idea : lock at each use of starter motor :yes:

just one wire from starter motor to dashboard, maybe a relay

what do you think about this????

idea : lock at each use of starter motor :yes:

just one wire from starter motor to dashboard, maybe a relay

what do you think about this????

maybe i missed something but my doors dont lock automatically. You have to press the door lock button next to the window opening buttons to lock ot from inside. It would be better if they did lock when you starty driving, like my clio used to.

yes I know

but I don'k know how to do it on iQ...

only 1 lock at first brake!!

You buy a car alarm thats already set up to do it.

What you could do is have a pressure pad in the seat (like how a fork lift switches off when u get off) so when you get out the car, the doors lock, would also work in reverse. Then again, stop being a lazy sod and just press the button.